| FTBL Jalen Carter From Georgia, Potential Top NFL Pick Involved In Crash That Killed Teammate

Depends on the decision. Robbing a bank and trying to jump across a creek with an alligator in it are two different kinds of bad decisions.

this wasn't one bad decision, it was multiple. Alcohol had something to do with it, bad decisions one, street racing and passing other cars in the process, bad decision two, leaving the scene of an accident you caused with your actions that involves your friends, bad decision three. I think those are red flags for anyone. He'll most likely be going to jail if they have arrest warrants on him.
Jail? At one time he round have been arrested, but now? In the famous words of Fletch as he’s stealing a car, “I’m not sure it’s a crime anymore”.

Jail? At one time he round have been arrested, but now? In the famous words of Fletch as he’s stealing a car, “I’m not sure it’s a crime anymore”.
Leaving the scene of an accident with an injury in Alabama is a felony. So . . . Yeah, jail. I would imagine there's a similar statute in Georgia. Additionally, you have a possible change of providing false information to law enforcement, maybe failure to render aid, and reckless driving of that nature can be an arrestsble offense.

Depends on the decision. Robbing a bank and trying to jump across a creek with an alligator in it are two different kinds of bad decisions.

this wasn't one bad decision, it was multiple. Alcohol had something to do with it, bad decisions one, street racing and passing other cars in the process, bad decision two, leaving the scene of an accident you caused with your actions that involves your friends, bad decision three. I think those are red flags for anyone. He'll most likely be going to jail if they have arrest warrants on him.
They’re misdemeanors, so whatever jail he gets won’t be much

Leaving the scene of an accident with an injury in Alabama is a felony. So . . . Yeah, jail. I would imagine there's a similar statute in Georgia. Additionally, you have a possible change of providing false information to law enforcement, maybe failure to render aid, and reckless driving of that nature can be an arrestsble offense.
From what I read he was charged with misdemeanors, so I doubt he does much jail time if any

They didn't charge him with leaving the scene, just Reckless driving and Racing, Unfortunately. I will say, it's hard to defend because he was part of the issue, but he's a kid and he made a mistake, let's remember that. It's much like Henry Ruggs situation, except he didn't crash into them so I doubt he'll be charged with anything super serious. He might get hit with Leaving the Scene of an Accident or DUI, but it is unlikely.

They didn't charge him with leaving the scene, just Reckless driving and Racing, Unfortunately. I will say, it's hard to defend because he was part of the issue, but he's a kid and he made a mistake, let's remember that. It's much like Henry Ruggs situation, except he didn't crash into them so I doubt he'll be charged with anything super serious. He might get hit with Leaving the Scene of an Accident or DUI, but it is unlikely.
I didn't read it, just going with what was possible, given what he did.

A kid? A mistake? When do we stop allowing those kind of comments dominate the point that only a lousy human being runs away from the scene after his friends crash their car and die? A mistake is getting drunk and being hungover and maybe even throwing up in public. Drinking, and street racing at over 100mph wasn't a mistake, it's straight defiance.

A kid? A mistake? When do we stop allowing those kind of comments dominate the point that only a lousy human being runs away from the scene after his friends crash their car and die? A mistake is getting drunk and being hungover and maybe even throwing up in public. Drinking, and street racing at over 100mph wasn't a mistake, it's straight defiance.
Read my entire post. I pointed out its very hard to defend him in this situation. I'm not fully defending the kid, just reminding people that he is in fact. Young and dumb, doesn't excuse his actions at all though.

Aight, more evidence it's a character issue and not a one off...

89 in a 45. That ain't slow. The rest of us are in big trouble there.
Sounds like it's not just him either, from the report it cites multiple players from the team and that they are trying to pull other records involving people in the crash and UGA players.

Also, why is nobody talking about Chandler LeCroy and the other UGA staffer now? I get that they're a touchy subject but why are all these attractive female staffers getting drunk with the Football players? I mean, am I the only one that sees a similar situation to what happened at Baylor here? All these female support staffers that Kirby hired don't have actual roles, can't quantify what they've done at all, and they're young attractive females. I can't say all the women are doing it, but this screams pay for sex scheme essentially.

Read my entire post. I pointed out its very hard to defend him in this situation. I'm not fully defending the kid, just reminding people that he is in fact. Young and dumb, doesn't excuse his actions at all though.

Sorry, I just get caught up in calling them kids once they are 21. Kids in reference to our own kids I get, but the law doesn't consider them children anymore after they are 18. Kids just always implies they are excused because they are unaware like a three year old touching a hot stove. I get the human brain doesn't mature in most till like 25, but in this case you know what is wrong. This wasn't like signing up and not understanding a federal student loan document or something crazy like that.

Sorry, I just get caught up in calling them kids once they are 21. Kids in reference to our own kids I get, but the law doesn't consider them children anymore after they are 18. Kids just always implies they are excused because they are unaware like a three year old touching a hot stove. I get the human brain doesn't mature in most till like 25, but in this case you know what is wrong. This wasn't like signing up and not understanding a federal student loan document or something crazy like that.
As one gets older....we see them as kids...sorry if it offends to some...
But....l

Yea I get that, but yea I don't classify them as adults until after 25 at this point. People under 25 even if older than 18 are just like toddlers, they just have more influence on things. Probably more than they should have.

Back
Top Bottom