| FTBL Why BDS isn't a true home field advantage.

from that article...We as a fan base need a new mission statement, and approach what we do differently.

Enter Nick Saban..... :)

Me and tider both have talked about this, and I for one believe this guy is right. Bryant Denny has never been a loud place. Even when things go well, it gets quiet after 2 or 3 plays have been ran. In Baton Rouge, they dont give a damn what the score is or what the situation is they are gonna bust their lungs to make sure that the opposition gets intimidated by Tiger Stadium. Alabama fans have never done that in my short 19 years. Now that we have 92,138 we should be able to run teams out of the building with noise. Let's take it to em'!

Talking with other fans and looking at interviews from opposing players, it has always occurred to me that BDS is loud in comparison to other SEC schools. Sure we aren't crazy coonazzes like they are at Death Valley, thats expected. But I've heard we are louder than Neyland and Georgia's stadium. Maybe its just me.

The only thing I could complain about is noise for teams like Tennessee, who run a no-huddle. I wish we would have yelled from the get go to get in their head while calling the play outside of a huddle.

As for big plays, those usually happen on offense. Have a ball and go crazy when we make a big play, but once we get in the huddle and line up on the line again, GET QUIET! You DONT want noise for OUR offense. You can always see JPW and the line trying to quiet the crowd down when they are coming to the line.

Fact is, every interview/article I've read about opponents coming to BDS, they seem intimidated. Maybe they've said that just because its expected. I know Georgia went to Samford Stadium the week before the game and had the speakers blaring to get used to the noise.

BamaFan425 said:
Have a ball and go crazy when we make a big play, but once we get in the huddle and line up on the line again, GET QUIET! You DONT want noise for OUR offense. You can always see JPW and the line trying to quiet the crowd down when they are coming to the line.

This always drives me CRAZY. It happens everywhere though not just Alabama. I don't know why fans get so loud when we have the ball. :shock:

Back
Top Bottom