| FTBL Who would you rather Bama land as their new DC?

Who would you want Alabama to land as the new DC?

• Total voters
My gut tells me you're parsing words a little here; "it isn't because they can't."

We know Saban (and Byrne) have followed compliance when they've said "no" to potential candidates for positions on the staff. If compliance says no to Pruitt, is it your opinion that Saban (and to an extent Byrne) will go against the department?
I think he means that the SEC can't really ban Pruitt because of the prior issues since they're letting other problem children back into the conference.

I think he means that the SEC can't really ban Pruitt because of the prior issues since they're letting other problem children back into the conference.
Technically, if we go by the letter of the SEC by-laws, they never could bar a school from a hire. They can object, as we saw with Freeze, and a school can "comply" with their wishes.

That's the reason for the question to Brandon. We've seen Saban coalesce in the past with compliance. It wouldn't be a shock to see it here if they don't get an "all clear" from compliance.

That's the reason for the question to Brandon. We've seen Saban coalesce in the past with compliance. It wouldn't be a shock to see it here if they don't get an "all clear" from compliance.
SEC compliance or Bama's compliance office? Not even sure if there is such a thing as SEC compliance. BTW your were up late this morning @TerryP . Do you ever sleep :) ?

Back to Pruitt, with NIL and all the shenanigans associated with that, not sure how anything matters anymore. Also, if CNS brought Pruitt on in an off the field or position coach maybe that would make it less of an issue. Regardless other schools fan bases are going to pitch a fit. The Viles administration may woul probably even make a call to the SEC office. They do not want to see any hire that could improve Bama.

My personal opinion is if CNS doesn't think Pruitt can keep his nose clean then do not hire him. Bama does not need that non sense.

SEC compliance or Bama's compliance office? Not even sure if there is such a thing as SEC compliance. BTW your were up late this morning @TerryP . Do you ever sleep :) ?
It's taken you this long to notice? I work nights, by choice, most of the time. Like my age it's probably a little confusing to people here—I'm always into something, somewhere. My job ... it's a "get this done by this time" versus a "in this time, get this done." I'm a Biphasic sleeper.

Bama's compliance department.

It's taken you this long to notice? I work nights, by choice, most of the time. Like my age it's probably a little confusing to people here—I'm always into something, somewhere. My job ... it's a "get this done by this time" versus a "in this time, get this done." I'm a Biphasic sleeper.

Bama's compliance department.
No I have noticed just jumped out for some reason this morning. Maybe it is because I am up at 5:00 on a Saturday morning. I can't sleep in any longer but even 5:00 is a little early for me. Just woke up and jumped on looking for updates on the DC opening.

My gut tells me you're parsing words a little here; "it isn't because they can't."

We know Saban (and Byrne) have followed compliance when they've said "no" to potential candidates for positions on the staff. If compliance says no to Pruitt, is it your opinion that Saban (and to an extent Byrne) will go against the department?

I'm not sure they'd ultimately go against compliance (or Sankey)... they have almost always toed the line and given in on requests from both. I'm just saying there is a prevailing thought out there that Sankey would make the final decision on this and that isn't true (regardless how it gets framed). Input and heavy handed guidance? Sure... but if Saban and the UA admin want to take on the risks (and Pruitt's eventual punishment), they can make the hire. It would be a break from their norms, but the entire landscape of college football has been turned upside down and snow globed in the last 18 months... so the old norms might not apply. UA has been vetting this and putting too much work into it for me to think it is anything other than a very strong possibility.

Back to Pruitt, with NIL and all the shenanigans associated with that, not sure how anything matters anymore. Also, if CNS brought Pruitt on in an off the field or position coach maybe that would make it less of an issue. Regardless other schools fan bases are going to pitch a fit. The Viles administration may woul probably even make a call to the SEC office. They do not want to see any hire that could improve Bama.

My personal opinion is if CNS doesn't think Pruitt can keep his nose clean then do not hire him. Bama does not need that non sense.

The fan bases don't matter, but there would be some pissed off schools, certainly the Vols included who went out of their way to make him radioactive to avoid all this (even though Pruitt did himself no favors along the way). To me, that's even more reason to show them the middle finger and hire him. They'd fight it tooth and nail, but in the end not much they could do but fuss and cry... they'd have no real power to stop it.

On the last part, I don't see that being an issue at all. Pruitt's problem was he was working under the Boss Hogg version of AD's who didn't just look the other way, but encouraged cheating. Hell, expected it, if it was needed to catch up to Bama, UGA, etc.

The fan bases don't matter, but there would be some pissed off schools,
From what I understand, and it's back-channel communications at this point, there's indicated interest from a guy for the offense that would cause one fan base to not only get pissed off, but lose their chit. We'll be watching their basketball team in a few hours.

🎶 "Here's the story, of a man named ... 🎶

From what I understand, and it's back-channel communications at this point, there's indicated interest from a guy for the offense that would cause one fan base to not only get pissed off, but lose their chit. We'll be watching their basketball team in a few hours.

🎶 "Here's the story, of a man named ... 🎶
That would be the most amazing turn of events!!!!! Giggity giggity!!!!!

John Chavis?

Joe Brady. On one had I could see it, other hand would be somewhat surprising. I know he doesn't want to stay in his spot with the Bills but he wants to stay in the NFL (or did recently). There was talk of him joining the Rams or even the Patriots. But hard to turn down the OC spot at Bama if it is dangling...

I do think maybe the hype over him is a tad inflated, but I could certainly be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom