| FTBL Who would be your picks for the three greatest Alabama linebackers ever?

I was too young to see Lee Roy play in college, but remember him with the Cowboys. I know about the 30-tackle bowl game he had against Oklahoma, if I recall correctly, and Bear's quote about Lee Roy tackling sideline-to-sideline. What I find odd is he's listed in Alabama's media guide as an All-American center in 1962 with no mention of him as an All-American linebacker and he's listed in the college football hall of fame as a center.

Last edited:
I was too young to see Lee Roy play in college, but remember him with the Cowboys. I know about the 30-tackle bowl game he had against Oklahoma, if I recall correctly, and Bear's quote about Lee Roy tackling sideline-to-sideline. What I find odd is he's listed in Alabama's media guide as an All-American center in 1961 with no mention of him as an All-American linebacker and he's listed in the college football hall of fame as a center.
Played both ways as there was not full substitution.....ie. Couldn't substitute a full 11 after change of possessions

So many played both ways... why he was listed as just center... i don't know....

Back
Top Bottom