| FTBL Who is the best team left on BAMA's schedule?

Who is the best team left on BAMA's schedule this season?

• LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Auburn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think Auburn is the best team. They have the most stability, and have been quietly improving against creampuffs. However, it remains to be seen how their QB will perform against bigtime SEC competition. Beating AU in Jordan Hare will be tough...but our players seem to enjoy the challenge of the road.

LSU is a question mark. Loaded with talent, but experiencing first-year coach teething issues. The game against Florida on Saturday will be telling.

Tennessee is having serious trouble on offense. As a team, they appear to lack chemistry. However, they're going to give Bama a heck of a fight. Beating Bama would help to turn around their season, and Fulmer's record against us is all too obvious. :evil:

Right now, I have to go with Tenn.
Why?
The question was who the best team was. Ok that for me is a gimmie. Tenn. is loaded with talent. There biggest problem is they have a terrible OC and a head coach who is trying to hold on to his job. However, I have to contradict myself. The second biggest problem Tenn. has is they have not gelled as a team. Yeah, I know what I said. The quarterback controversy, the off field shenanigans, the thugs and criminals, all this adds up to a bunch of very talented and full of potential INDIVIDUALS. If this “team” could quit fighting and bickering amongst themselves and each other, play as a unit, their coaches stop playing not to loose but win they could be a national contender. But I don’t think its going to happen.

LSU… almost the same story. That’s all I can say.

Auburn…. Untested, I cannot tell you. Looks good so far against creampuffs. I think this week against Arky will show us a lot. And I mean a lot. So far as to say I predict an upset by ARKY in a close one.

So after writing this I’ll sum it up this way.

Tenn.- Most individual Talent- worst team
LSU- Least individual talent – second best team
Auburn- second best individual talent- best team.

So, because Auburn has not been tested. I go with Tenn. Auburn beats ARKY by 2 TD. I eat crow and change my pick to Auburn.

Bryant Disciple said:
Tennessee is having serious trouble on offense. As a team, they appear to lack chemistry.

Agreed... I don't understand why they don't give the ball to Riggs at least 25 times a game. He's a heck of a back, but Fulmer seems to want to throw it, throw it, throw it. The need to run first, pass second IMO if they want to have success.

From a talent perspective, LSU. The loss of Jason Allen was huge for UT because only he knew how to play in the secondary. AU is an unknown commodity. We will know more about the Tigers but only after we have played UT. So, despite coaching, I think LSU will be a force to be reckoned with. I fully expect them to dismantle the Gators this weekend. I think we will HAVE to beat LSU to make it to ATL.

I think Auburn, for several reasons

We play at Jordan HareStadium on Pat Dye Field Auburn always plays bama hard and vice versa. But in the end I believe We will take Auburn to the Bo Jackson toilets ;)

Tigrinum Major said:
Nate said:

We play at Jordan HareStadium on Pat Dye Field Auburn always plays bama hard and vice versa. But in the end I believe We will take Auburn to the Bo Jackson toilets ;)
Those are the Terry Bowden toliets. Or is it urinals?

good point

AU appears to be the best. They look like more of a team than anyone because of more balance, better coaching, and are the only team of these three that have any real stability. They returned a lot of talent from last year, although they lost some key cogs as well. I really don't think the GT loss was a microcosm of their season. Tubby never beats anybody worth a flip in the opening game of the season. If AU had played GT in week 2 or 3 , they probably would have won that game.

The strange little measuring stick I'm going to use is MSU. AU blew them out and UGA had trouble with them. It was also MSU's first SEC game of the year if I'm not mistaken when they played AU, but I don't think that makes a difference.

There's a lot of football left for all these teams so it could all pan out a different way, but I fully expect the Iron Bowl to be a showdown for the West.

LSU is the team that could break out at any given time. They could also fold up. but for now the question was LEFT on the schedule. They could be a completely different LSU by the time we face them.

Nate said:
Tigrinum Major said:
Nate said:

Those are the Terry Bowden toliets. Or is it urinals?

good point

I think the low urinals are the only ones named after Bowden... :D

LSU hardest team for Bama

The biggest reason I feel LSU will give Alabama the most problems is because over the past couple of years Bama as had trouble beating this team at home. I feel this will give LSU much confidence.

Porterhouse said:
Tennessee ain't getting NO respect! Damn...

That's what happens when your overated butt gets beat twice, and should've been beat by UAB. Plus, they lost the battle of the overated teams Saturday when they let uga beat them. tennessee is not the best team left on the schedule.

I picked lsu just because aubarn sucks! :twisted:

Bamaman37 said:
Porterhouse said:
Tennessee ain't getting NO respect! Damn...

That's what happens when your overated butt gets beat twice, and should've been beat by UAB. Plus, they lost the battle of the overated teams Saturday when they let uga beat them. tennessee is not the best team left on the schedule.

I picked lsu just because aubarn sucks! :twisted:

I can't say I disagree, but I'm pretty surprised that out of over 40 votes, only 2 are for the Vols. I really don't think LSU is much better than Tenn right now, we'll know more after Sat I guess. Personally, I think Auburn is the best team as of now, left on the schedule.

I picked Auburn, but I can honestly say that LSU is the most talented, Tennessee is probably the most hated, and Auburn is at Auburn and pretty well coached.

Seriously.

What I am getting at is that all three are dangerous. Heck, we can't go to sleep against the other three. Well, we could sleep against Utah State.

Look, I have been a Bama fan for probably only 12 years. 4 of those I spent in Tuscaloosa. Before that, didn't care much for college football. More of an NFL team, specifically, the NY Jets, and Mark Gastineau. Ok, I know that didn't turn out well.... BUt the guy was a heck of a football player, and a crappy boxer. But one thing from the past was sure: Bama had the tendency to play up or down to it's opponents.

What my point is, is that no game is too unimportant to not show up to. I predict that Ole Miss will play us very tough. Shula will go ULTRA conservative probably this Saturday against the Rebs, and then go the same way against Miss State and Utah State. The injury thing is in his mind, plus the feeling that we can afford to not go full throttle. We will lay it all on the line against UT, LSU, and Auburn. But can't let up in those buffer games.

RollTide75 said:
Before that, didn't care much for college football. More of an NFL team, specifically, the NY Jets, and Mark Gastineau. Ok, I know that didn't turn out well.... BUt the guy was a heck of a football player, and a crappy boxer.

He has a hot (although shallow) daughter. :D

Back
Top Bottom