| FTBL Who are your least favorite college football pundits?

Davestwin

Hearing Tim Brando blasting everything SEC yesterday reminded me how much I dislike him. Brando, Cowherd and Kanell are my three most disliked on air college football personalities. Though, thankfully I don’t see Kanell on air any longer. Now I realize Brando and Cowturd are TV and radio personalities who cover all sports but it’s their commentary on college football that I detest. I literally can’t watch or listen to any of those three more than a few seconds before changing channels or muting the TV. Who makes your top three list?

In some shape or form, each one has a tendency to rub everyone the wrong way. It’s either their connection to a certain network ( Fox guys and their Pac 12/ Big 10 connections) or their schitck, like Brando.

I don't dislike any of the talking heads. I don't like any of them either. If we combined all 16 or so weeks of last season I may, MAY, have listened to an hour.

My problem, with all of them, is the lack of preparation. Whether that's falling on their producers ... ?

However ...

When you're a member of a site like this one you're far more informed about what's going on with the teams than your everyday talking head. It's my opinion when we judge people like these folks we're doing it through a specific lens. And, I'd argue, it's unfair the majority of the time because, well, you know more about the team than they do.

I don't dislike any of the talking heads. I don't like any of them either. If we combined all 16 or so weeks of last season I may, MAY, have listened to an hour.

My problem, with all of them, is the lack of preparation. Whether that's falling on their producers ... ?

However ...

When you're a member of a site like this one you're far more informed about what's going on with the teams than your everyday talking head. It's my opinion when we judge people like these folks we're doing it through a specific lens. And, I'd argue, it's unfair the majority of the time because, well, you know more about the team than they do.
I should have been more clear. I’m not judging them by their on air talent. I’m judging them through the lens of likability and the beliefs they hold. Preparedness doesn’t factor into either one of those views. Am I biased? Of course, I’m biased … the three I listed all detest Bama and I take offense to that each time they spew their hate.

Back
Top Bottom