| FTBL Which provider will you use to watch Bama football this season?

Oh, the joys of living where cable was not available. BUT with the big dish, we could pick up EVERY game that was broadcasted back in those days!
We. Could. Sometimes it was feed and got it with no commercial time
And early 80s. I got so much more
Playboy channel all premium movies. Outta market games
The poker games were always at my house

Then was a code you had to put in every month.
That went on for couple years

Then darkness. The ole Apollo Z 70 became worthless

Been using YTTV for 3 years now and have been very pleased with it. My son and I split it, I think it allows you up to 5 TV's per subscription.

Our internet provider is Spectrum (Charter) and sometimes the YTTV would repeatedly buffer the game. I did some research and found that Spectrum did that to Google on purpose.

Got a Roku Ultra for a Christmas Present and now I watch all games thru the YTTV app on Roku. Never buffers thru the Roku but there is an 8 to 10 second lag between real time and what we are seeing.

What's the biggest problem with a small delay with YTTV or any of the sports streaming sites? Is it not looking at a site like this one, or Twitter as another example, and seeing the results of plays before they happen?

I noticed the delay several years ago with my first trial run with YTTV. I just stopped looking around during games. 🤷‍♂️

What's the biggest problem with a small delay with YTTV or any of the sports streaming sites? Is it not looking at a site like this one, or Twitter as another example, and seeing the results of plays before they happen?

I noticed the delay several years ago with my first trial run with YTTV. I just stopped looking around during games. 🤷‍♂️
With Hulu I had to be careful with in game threads because of the delay. Expect the same with YTTV. I’ve had a few big plays spoiled due to in game thread

Take a CBS games from last season. YTTV was the quickest replay due to the delay.
Right now I have YTTV and DirecTV Stream for a short period. The delay on both depend very much on the device being used. If I am watching on my PC using the apps then I will be ahead of everyone else in the house on Roku. YTTV was also ahead on Android TV (DTV Stream is not available on ATV so I can't check them there). I usually Fox games on their apps as they are usually closer to real-time and also usually better picture. CBS I usually mute and pause to let Eli catch up so I am even further behind.

Back
Top Bottom