| FTBL Which provider will you use to watch Bama football this season?

I am on my 4th streaming provider try out right now.

Hulu+Live - OK. Nothing special but they were solid. It has been a while since we used them, probably 3 or 4 years.

FuboTV - Best interface of all of them. Heavy on sports and fairly light on everything else. The second most expensive also. Their image quality was crap though and they did not carry all of my locals.

YTTV - Good enough. Their interface is very lacking but overall they work fine. The primary issue with them for me was the same as all providers except DirectTV Stream, no Bally for baseball. I like the multiple profiles. Google treats it like a step-child it only partially loves though. New features will appear, then go away. Or maybe some TV will have a feature but none of the others will.

DirecTV Stream - Trying them right now while I still have a month of YTTV I just paid for. So far their interface is great, image quality has been the best of all of them, and they carry absolutely everything I need (including Bally and all of my locals). They are the most expensive of the bunch, about $20 more than YTTV, mainly due to Bally. The only drawbacks are a lack of app for my Google TV Devices, but I have Roku just sitting around to replace those with and my Smart TV are all Roku anyway, and lack of profiles for favorites and such. It is the most cable like experience. They even have their own device you can rent (or buy on eBay used) that works just like a cable box, with channel numbers and everything.

I dropped Netflix and some other services recently so my overall cost is going to be about the same. I think I may stick with DirecTV Stream for now.

I dropped cable 3 or so years ago and moved to YouTube TV. I have been fine with it. They made the user interface similar to cable solutions but there is some customizing you can do. Biggest issue and it is not a major problem is there is some delay depending on what is going on. I have seen anywhere from 5-15 seconds depending on what device I used to stream. Using a Roku seems to have more delay. Suprisingly the iphone streamed but caste to the tv screen had the best performance from a delay standpoint. Did not expect that but that is what I experienced.

BTW the service provider is knology so that likley contribute some to the delay.

About to give YouTube TV a whirl. I canceled Hulu after it CFP and haven’t gone with anything yet

I have been researching and I think YTTV is going to be my best bet
I think my YouTube TV cost started at 49.95 a month a couple of years ago, I think I'm at 74.95 now. It's still a better alternative over the cable option, to a large degree because I use it at two homes. Naked cable internet at my Georgia house runs about $70 a month, and I'm still existing on my work LTE hotspot at the lake, enough bandwidth for computer and TV. I never had any phone or cable lines run to my lake house when I built it, and I need to take down some pines at the street and do some grading before getting a cable line run to the house for internet. I'd been holding out hope that 5G wireless would be the answer, but a national cable company bought out of one of two local cable companies and they are now the best alternative.

Jumped in on YTTV today. Running it thru my Roku smart tv on the app. Watching some preseason NFL jus cause right now. Interface is a little creaky but not horrible. Picture on replay is great.

Will give it a live tv run thru tomorrow with the weak CFB slate and report back

Jumped in on YTTV today. Running it thru my Roku smart tv on the app. Watching some preseason NFL jus cause right now. Interface is a little creaky but not horrible. Picture on replay is great.

Will give it a live tv run thru tomorrow with the weak CFB slate and report back
I will say that live TV on YouTube TV runs fifteen seconds, sometimes more, behind regular cable and satellite. I've gotten a call from my buddy during a broadcast before seeing the play for myself. If you're in a cocoon, it's good...

I will say that live TV on YouTube TV runs fifteen seconds, sometimes more, behind regular cable and satellite. I've gotten a call from my buddy during a broadcast before seeing the play for myself. If you're in a cocoon, it's good...
It is device specific. Do a test and stream from you smart TV, PC and smart phone. You will see a difference. I posted above my smart phone streaming YouTube TV had the least delay. Roku was the most.

Last edited:

Really....
There is a "kids line" during football they cannot cross
And
There are no phones allowed ( although I sometimes check ipad to see what you guys are saying on RTB)....

It is device specific. Do a test and stream from you smart TV, PC and smart phone. You will see a difference. I posted above my smart phone streaming YouTube TV had the least delay. Roku was the most.
Yes, the lake TV is a Roku system. Thanks. Since last season, I had to buy a new TV for the Georgia house and it's a different system. I'll try it out and see if there's a difference. Accompanying my wife to a lake day on Allatoona, tying up four boats, so I might catch a late game today.

On a side note, Utah State is a strong favorite, like 26 points, over UConn.

About to give YouTube TV a whirl. I canceled Hulu after it CFP and haven’t gone with anything yet

I have been researching and I think YTTV is going to be my best bet
Been using it for the past 2 seasons, and it has been great. Hulu before that, but they still “blackout” some sports events. Tried Sling when it first came out, it we decent at the time I decided to cut the cord. And I put YTTV on pause after the championship game, til about now 👍

Back
Top Bottom