| FTBL Where Are The Running Backs?

Crtuneman

After 4 games I am wondering what is going on with our rushing attack. Miller is averaging 68 yds/game and has 4 TDs. Haynes is averaging 50 yds/game and has 3 TDs. Last night against Ga Milroe was our only run threat. Haynes had 6 carries for 36 yds and Jam had 5 carries for 10 yards. I want to see more production from our 2 primary guys. It's great when JM runs because he's so quick and elusive, but I also don't like seeing him take so many licks. It's a long season and we need a healthy JM. What is the issue with Jam and Haynes? Is it an O line issue? I really expected the line to block better in the run game. Is it an issue with the RBs? Is it more that JM just likes to keep the ball himself in the RPO game? Is it that the defenses stack the box to stop JM and that makes it harder for Jam and Haynes? I would like your thoughts on this because I really want to see those guys get going.

In last nights game I think uGA committed to stop the run the second half and Bama wanted to run the clock, so a bad matchup. I think we ran a lot of RPO with the intension of it not being any real pass option… so not a good mix. Milroe likes to keep the ball on RPOs when it’s a run. He should have given the ball on several of those calls, but did not. Just needs to read the cues better.

Not sure if it's Sheridan's play calling or just part of the philosophy, but it is infuriating at times. Same thing happened against Wisconsin when it was a perfect opportunity to bleed the clock and run the ball and just refused to utilize Miller and Haynes.

I can't remember if it was after the turnover or after Georgia cut it to 14. But Alabama regained possession and started with an 6 yard run by Haynes. I thought he looked hungry and fresh and Alabama was going to pound the rock to play time possession. The next two play calls were big head scratchers and all we did was take 1:30 off.

In last nights game I think uGA committed to stop the run the second half and Bama wanted to run the clock, so a bad matchup. I think we ran a lot of RPO with the intension of it not being any real pass option… so not a good mix. Milroe likes to keep the ball on RPOs when it’s a run. He should have given the ball on several of those calls, but did not. Just needs to read the cues better.
The jet sweep should definitely have went to Benard. I think Milroe did a little too much hero ball.

Not sure if it's Sheridan's play calling or just part of the philosophy, but it is infuriating at times. Same thing happened against Wisconsin when it was a perfect opportunity to bleed the clock and run the ball and just refused to utilize Miller and Haynes.

I can't remember if it was after the turnover or after Georgia cut it to 14. But Alabama regained possession and started with an 6 yard run by Haynes. I thought he looked hungry and fresh and Alabama was going to pound the rock to play time possession. The next two play calls were big head scratchers and all we did was take 1:30 off.
I’m not so sure it’s all on Sheridan.. I think Milroe is pulling a Cam Newton and running his own stuff..

Back
Top Bottom