When Do Your Kids Return To School?

We started in Cobb County Georgia two days ago, Monday, 8/4. We have week long breaks in September, November and April, and two weeks at Christmas and get done 5/21. The calendar has changed materially almost every year and has been a significant election issue with the school board.

RTR,

Tim

We started in Cobb County Georgia two days ago, Monday, 8/4. We have week long breaks in September, November and April, and two weeks at Christmas and get done 5/21. The calendar has changed materially almost every year and has been a significant election issue with the school board.

RTR,

Tim

I started back July 25th bc I am a principal. It seems that school starts earlier every year. I cannot for the life of me understand why school cannot start the day after Labor Day and students get out just b4 Memorial Day. In Ohio, were I live and work, each school in the county can set its own schedule of starting and ending. Some schools up here do not get out until the second week of June while others are out b4 Memorial Day.

New principal New rules. Grandson met him and told me he got bad vibes. He so far has told all the teacher their going to start wearing school color polo. He already started on the dress code for the students.

@rick4bama is that down near Phoneix City? When I was in high, my junior year, 1978, we played a team named Wood??? Something down there. It was a long drive from Florence.

As far as the dress code is concerned, I think a shirt with a collar for boys is reasonable. I do not
like kids wearing gym shorts to class. I am just so thankful that Mrs. Bama and I did not have girls. I can't believe some parents allow their daughters to wear what they do.

@alabama mike not to close to Phenix City. But I really couldn't tell you about the football team that year. I was station in Germany. Phenix City is in Russell County that about 50-60 miles from where I live at.

Well he told them no gym short , and guess what my grandson like to wear. Wife and I have bought him pants so that should be any problem. He doesn't like anything to bind around his waist. Now he got to make sure he doesn't wear any shirt with a logo on it.
Yes granddaughter has said that girl won't be able to wear anything low cut. I for one like this part, but he could have warn the parents at open night about the up coming dress code.

Back
Top Bottom