| FTBL What's your impression of the new Fox Sports 1? Which shows have you watched, or plan to...reviews,

I like I guess. They have a discussion for all sports, will air CFB and CBB. Hopefully some MLB. I think it'll be great once CFB comes around....which btw is only 10 days away :icon_bounce:

Just thought I'd share since I sell advertising.

NBC Sports Net, CBS Sports Net and others have been launched and can't touch ESPN.

To use round numbers, if a 30 sec spot on ESPN during prime time costs $100, this same spot would sell for $5 on NBC sports, NFL Network etc.

We started preselling Fox Sports 1 prior to its conversion from SPEED, and It averages less than $5 per spot.

No one has ever been able to come close to ESPN or even ESPN2(about $30/primetime spot), and I doubt anyone will anytime soon.

:laughcry:

Since you're going to go to the point of using quotation marks for added emphasis, you said "many," not "'some people'!'" [sic]

Up until his stroke, if you waded through Corso's schtick you'd find some solid football observations. He's predominantly schtick and that's part of the reason people doubt what he says. Now, his picks? Two different subjects now.

In the same light, let's see how they use Dinardo. I think it may be more along an X and O role for team break-downs.

Even if you were alive when he was coaching...in that day and age, combined with his success, you wouldn't have heard his name anyway.

Okay, MANY, but NOT ME!

Corso never struck me as someone with a wealth of knowledge even before the gameday picks became as big as they are now.

But honestly I'll take Dinardo, no matter how bad I can't stand him, over David Greene on ESPNU now... my god he is bad. Like putting you to sleep after 3 minutes bad.

Oh my.

<iframe width="480" height="270" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight='0' scrolling="no" src="http://hub.video.msn.com/embed/2136b9d8-e77c-41f3-86d5-d522639213e4/?vars=ZnI9c2hhcmVlbWJlZC1zeW5kaWNhdGlvbiZta3Q9ZW4tdXMmc3luZGljYXRpb249dGFnJmJyYW5kPWZveHNwb3J0cyZsaW5rYmFjaz1odHRwJTNBJTJGJTJGd3d3LmJpbmcuY29tJTJGdmlkZW9zJmxpbmtvdmVycmlkZTI9aHR0cCUzQSUyRiUyRm1zbi5mb3hzcG9ydHMuY29tJTJGdmlkZW8lM0Z2aWRlb2lkJTNEJTdCMCU3RCZjb25maWdDc2lkPU1TTlZpZGVvJmNvbmZpZ05hbWU9c3luZGljYXRpb25wbGF5ZXI%3D">
<A href="http://msn.foxsports.com/video?videoid=2136b9d8-e77c-41f3-86d5-d522639213e4&src=v5:embed:syndication:&from=shareembed-syndication&quot;Story_MP2_NFL&quot;" target="_new" title="Pam Oliver shows toughness after getting hit by football">Video: Pam Oliver shows toughness after getting hit by football</A>
</iframe>

Just thought I'd share since I sell advertising.

NBC Sports Net, CBS Sports Net and others have been launched and can't touch ESPN.

To use round numbers, if a 30 sec spot on ESPN during prime time costs $100, this same spot would sell for $5 on NBC sports, NFL Network etc.

We started preselling Fox Sports 1 prior to its conversion from SPEED, and It averages less than $5 per spot.

No one has ever been able to come close to ESPN or even ESPN2(about $30/primetime spot), and I doubt anyone will anytime soon.

You telling me I can run an ad on FS1 for $5. Oh lawd, let me get my GoPro out. :biggrin_blue:

Oh my.

<iframe marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" src="http://hub.video.msn.com/embed/2136b9d8-e77c-41f3-86d5-d522639213e4/?vars=ZnI9c2hhcmVlbWJlZC1zeW5kaWNhdGlvbiZta3Q9ZW4tdXMmc3luZGljYXRpb249dGFnJmJyYW5kPWZveHNwb3J0cyZsaW5rYmFjaz1odHRwJTNBJTJGJTJGd3d3LmJpbmcuY29tJTJGdmlkZW9zJmxpbmtvdmVycmlkZTI9aHR0cCUzQSUyRiUyRm1zbi5mb3hzcG9ydHMuY29tJTJGdmlkZW8lM0Z2aWRlb2lkJTNEJTdCMCU3RCZjb25maWdDc2lkPU1TTlZpZGVvJmNvbmZpZ05hbWU9c3luZGljYXRpb25wbGF5ZXI%3D" frameborder="0" height="270" scrolling="no" width="480">
Video: Pam Oliver shows toughness after getting hit by football
</iframe>

Good lord!

On a sidenote, I love me some Pam Oliver... anybody seen her from waist down knows why...

You telling me I can run an ad on FS1 for $5. Oh lawd, let me get my GoPro out. :biggrin_blue:

theoretically yes, but you would most likely need to buy a package for atleast 1k+......assuming you live in a smaller media market and have a cable provider that sells ads.

I've been waiting for some random guy to come in and buy ad space with no specific message or purpose, just that he had a few grand to burn up that week.

Although, I guess that happens when the politicians start buying ad space for their campaigns.

theoretically yes, but you would most likely need to buy a package for atleast 1k+......assuming you live in a smaller media market and have a cable provider that sells ads.

I've been waiting for some random guy to come in and buy ad space with no specific message or purpose, just that he had a few grand to burn up that week.

Although, I guess that happens when the politicians start buying ad space for their campaigns.

That only happens in the print media.

I watched it for the first time last night and my initial thought is that it isn't bad. I like that they're not trying to be ESPN 2.0 or anything.

As for "experts" thing it doesn't really bother me because ESPN has all those "experts" and I think they're all a bunch of hacks. I'm not a big fan of the knot it all gang that networks put together, so FS1 having guys from other sports talking football, baseball, boxing, Eric doesn't bother me because its all based on opinion. I would rather have 100 people from other sports analyzing and all that than one Lou Holtz that knows nothing outside of Notre Dame

We should take up a collection. I could think of a lot of very specific messages to get out to the rest of the college football world. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom