| OT What's your favorite bourbon and your everyday bourbon?

I know for sure you can make that pipe if it's the pot stilled bottle. I like blanton's too just too hard to find for everyday but I do keep a bottle or 3. I'm an on the rocks guy for everyday bourbon, neat for the good stuff or maybe a splash of spring water.

Yall need to visit the the Bourbon Trial on and off the Bluegrass Parkway. Makers Mark, 4 Roses, Jim Beam, Bardstown Bourbon, Woodford Reserve are all located within a short drive of each other. A colleague of mine just returned from the trip and highly recommended it until he found out I did not drink.

Woodford as a primary for my wife's old fashioned, will also used Four Roses Small Batch or Single Barrel for OF or over ice for me when I do so. For me, Angel's Envy is probably the easiest drinking for the price.

“on the rocks”
Got to thinkin' bout this. It depends on the brand.

I'm a double fisted guy. (ya, I know.) I want a Scotch and a beer. Johnny Walker. Black will get an ice cube, Blue is always neat.

I had Chilaquiles today with a Modelo Chelada Especial (Modelo with tomato juice, lime, and salt.) DUDE! I'm looking at the bar and seeing a bottle of (I'll misspell this) Claze Asul. For Margarita's.

If we are going to talk bourbon, we have to talk Scotch. If we're going there...the white's have to be recognized.

I'm a double fisted guy. (ya, I know.) I want a Scotch and a beer. Johnny Walker. Black will get an ice cube, Blue is always neat.

I had Chilaquiles today with a Modelo Chelada Especial (Modelo with tomato juice, lime, and salt.) DUDE! I'm looking at the bar and seeing a bottle of (I'll misspell this) Claze Asul. For Margarita's.

If we are going to talk bourbon, we have to talk Scotch. If we're going there...the white's have to be recognized.
I've tried the chelada and, like the bloody mary, I just don't enjoy it. Saw some out in the southwest that really looked good and made me try 3 or 4 times just to make sure I didn't like it and every time I regretted ordering it. Just not a tomato juice guy I guess. My Scotch experiences are very limited. I enjoyed the Balvenie 12 and johnny blue, didn't care for dewars.i believe that's the only 3 I've tried.

Eagle Rare.

I have a store in Hopkinsville I stop at and bootleg it home. It is 1/2 the price of what it is in Alabama.

I do like Buffalo Trace for everyday, but Alabama is so stupid that they make it hard to find and drive the price up. I buy a handle in KY for what a fifth costs in Bama.

I like Blanton's but it is not really worth the price IMO.

I've tried the chelada and, like the bloody mary, I just don't enjoy it. Saw some out in the southwest that really looked good and made me try 3 or 4 times just to make sure I didn't like it and every time I regretted ordering it. Just not a tomato juice guy I guess. My Scotch experiences are very limited. I enjoyed the Balvenie 12 and johnny blue, didn't care for dewars.i believe that's the only 3 I've tried.
My taste buds are the weakest part of my body. I'll have something I don't like, then try to figure out why. Give me something I like, now I'm a critic.

I probably should have added I added a few shots of Tabasco to the beer.

My Texas buddies hooked me on a “red draw”, a beer mixed with Bloody Mary mix. If we are at the lakehouse and Bloody Mary, poinsettias or such are in the mix, I grab a beer and mix with 1/4 or so Bloody Mary mix.

I’m sitting at the bar at the Capital Grill in Chicago, got in late and having some blue points and a wedge, and I’m looking at their ample bourbon supply. Not sure if anyone mentioned Baker’s, Whistle Pig or High West, all good.

Back
Top Bottom