| FTBL What's this story about Tuberville and a playing card?

ExiledTidefan

Verified Member
I heard from a fellow Bama fan this morning that Tubby was walking around campus (presumably trying to find the outhouse) and found a "7" card lying on the ground. The story went on to say that he thought it was good luck about the Iron Bowl this year, so he kept the card in his wallet.

No kidding here, this was not the lead-in to a joke, although it sounds like a great punch line is coming next!

Anybody else hear this lame-brain story?

he is definitely going to need some of that auburn luck this year. not just for alabama, but in general.

they've had a good run, and he's no idiot. he knows this round of glory days for auburn are drawing to a close. what i think they're going to be surprised by is the abrupt ending to the glory days as opposed to a gradual slip into mediocrity like we had.

porkchop said:
He is the "riverboat gambler" so.... :roll:

Every time I heard the media refer to him as "the riverboat gambler" it made me want to puke. He is not a good enough coach to make those calls. He is a manager at best. He does look cute, though, coming out holding hands with his players. I'm about to vomit again.......

gumboman said:
porkchop said:

Every time I heard the media refer to him as "the riverboat gambler" it made me want to puke. He is not a good enough coach to make those calls. He is a manager at best. He does look cute, though, coming out holding hands with his players. I'm about to vomit again.......

Tubberville is THE...riverboat gambler and you better recognize! He's got a playing card in his wallet to prove it. How many playing cards to you have gumboman? That's what I thought. :D :wink:

gumboman said:
porkchop said:

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

I paid no attention to this thread until I ran across another one on a Bama forum with a link to the actual story. It was relayed to Scab during an interview with Tubs this week.

How many games? It's a measure of Auburn's sustained success that anything less than a 10-win season should be considered a disappointment.

If you believe in omens, Tuberville picked one up just the other day. Literally.

He was walking, continuing his rehab after hernia surgery, when he spotted a worn playing card on the ground.

It was the seven of diamonds. A red seven.

What's that Iron Bowl streak again? Six.

Tuberville swore this was true, and pulled the card out of his wallet to prove it. Other people, hearing the story, might simply swear.

I'm really going to try to keep from saying anything derogatory about Auburn until we beat them again. It just rings hollow, and gives them more to chuckle about.

Dunnaway and Brown yesterday had callers give their "guarantees" for the new season.

One caller said he'd guarantee that Scabs would buy a bungalow in Southern California and propose marriage to Tubs.

Seven may well be the number of wins he gets this season.

Back
Top Bottom