| FTBL What position battle / group are you looking forward to the most this spring?

I, too am curious as to where all of the guys in the backfield are going to be put. I'm curious to see if Star can step up and be the QB everybody had expected when we signed him? I think Tana makes a push for some major playing time. I'm not worried about our secondary, I actually think we'll be improved from last year. I am curious to see if our kick off coverage will be any better at all from last year. I'm curious to see if Foster can help us out in that sense with the distance he gets off the kick.

On a different note coming out of spring I think our QB corp looks like this... Greg, AJ, Sims, Star (Only reason I have Aj ahead of Sims is because AJ has had a year in the system).

I do know one thing this is the most amped I have been about spring ball in many years.

Cory

I like Hightowers ability to stay up or down on D and goes back to what he was doing last year. That is why I think we will see Nico in more of Ro's role of being in the middle. That is just from I saw. Who knows. I have no clue about where the new guys stand. Wish I could watch practice.:frown:

I like Hightowers ability to stay up or down on D and goes back to what he was doing last year. That is why I think we will see Nico in more of Ro's role of being in the middle. That is just from I saw. Who knows. I have no clue about where the new guys stand. Wish I could watch practice.:frown:

People will talk about the numbers we are losing on defense. But, those same people don't realize what kind of athletes these guys are being replaced with...I honestly think the '10 defense will be better than '09's at season end.

i'm looking forward to the mystery that is the secondary. so many spots up for grabs and so much possibility of being shifted around. they will all be on their toes during camp.

People will talk about the numbers we are losing on defense. But, those same people don't realize what kind of athletes these guys are being replaced with...I honestly think the '10 defense will be better than '09's at season end.

Maybe.

But the problem is with our level of expectations the '10 Defense might have to be at least as good as the '09 Defense beginning the second week of the season.

That is not something I expect. Leaves the question is can our offense win in a relative shoot-out versus Penn State and Arkansas and perhaps even Florida while the youthful and uber talented players on defense gain some actual game experience.

Maybe.

But the problem is with our level of expectations the '10 Defense might have to be at least as good as the '09 Defense beginning the second week of the season.

That is not something I expect. Leaves the question is can our offense win in a relative shoot-out versus Penn State and Arkansas and perhaps even Florida while the youthful and uber talented players on defense gain some actual game experience.

It's interesting you mention Arkansas and winning in a shoot out. The game this past season against the 'Backs set several season records in the passing game. It was the high mark for completions, yards passing, TD's passing and the longest pass of the season as well.

I'm not too concerned with game experience. Yes, I do expect some mistakes early on in the season and at least one in a crucial game. However, I still look at the talent and the experience they do have and don't feel any qualms about how the team performs next season.

With nine of eleven returning on offense...I'm thinking we'll run the ball. eheheh

I'm most looking forward to the battles for the openings on the offensive line. The tackle spot left open by Drew Davis at RT should be interesting to see who steps up at that position, as well as the LG position.

i bet julio will be returning punts.. he has actually looked pretty good when arenas was hurt.. if nothing else i think he wil be back there because of experience.. not sure if he is the break away guy that arenas was, but i bet he has an awesome average.. and you know how saban likes his field position.

Back
Top Bottom