| FTBL What(I think) we really missed this season

Secondand26

I think we missed the “dogs” up front. A couple of dominant DL makes Will & the inside backers so much better. Stops the QB from stepping up in the pocket, makes 3rd & 2 become 3 & 8.
Dogs on the OL make for longer drives & wear out the defenses in 3rd & 4th quarters.

Dogs on both lines just make life a lot easier.

The good news is I think we picked up dogs on both Lines this recruiting cycle.

Almost made a post about this the other day under the UGA thread about them being the better program.... I agree 100% that it has been an issue, on both sides. Some swings and misses on evaluations, but also some lack of improvement (coaching), especially on the DL side. Those 2 things have to get fixed. The good news is, evidence shows that it already is to a degree.

Almost made a post about this the other day under the UGA thread about them being the better program.... I agree 100% that it has been an issue, on both sides. Some swings and misses on evaluations, but also some lack of improvement (coaching), especially on the DL side. Those 2 things have to get fixed. The good news is, evidence shows that it already is to a degree.

Spot on. I don't think folks realize how much of a trickle down effect this has. If the DL is getting a push, the LB's roam free and head hunt. This plays well for the secondary as the QB is being rushed/hurried/affected and they aren't having to play blanket coverage every single play. Which gives way to bad throws/int's...etc.

Everyone talking about UGA is the Bama of 10 years ago.......The UGA D got exposed quite a bit yesterday. I think the big uglies at OSU did a phenomenal job of winning the line and that allowed their elite receivers to get open and make the UGA secondary look "lost". I bet if the UGA DL gets pressure w/containment on Stroud, this game wouldn't even have been close.

Will Anderson was that disrupter on defense and we misused him in my opinion. Our DL didn’t have that Alpha dog like a Robinson, Williams, Allen, or even Q Dial type. Not sure if they are on campus and just not being developed or we just don’t have them. Shawn Murphy might be the next ILB that plays like a guided missile paired with D Lawson inside. Who’s going to be that safety? Branch was it to an extent.
As for the WRs, how much was talent or lack of talent, lack of development, or play calls that didn’t utilize the talents they have?

Back
Top Bottom