| NEWS What do you guys like about Touchdown Alabama, the magazine, and their coverage?

Max

I see they're still running. Are the copies still available, for free, in grocery stores and the like?

Does anyone here know about their staff?

I've seen a few tweets retweeted and I also see they have paid content all the way to odds advice.

IMO, they're one of the worst I've seen in long time. They don't do their homework on players and coaches... often reporting stuff that isn't 100 percent accurate and I believe last week they used Kiffin's picture from FAU when talking about him. They are not that good and not worth the money. I consider them high school amaterisum.

I am familiar with these guys and their old business model as I spent a career in publishing and for an extremely short period of time (several years back) someone reached out to me about doing some consulting with them. It was started by a couple of fans (media students collaboration) that were wanting to start a magazine. They had little to know access to the athletic department, very poor idea of distribution and because of this the ads were of little value to the potential advertiser.

There model was to sell them soley at gas stations at the same ones where the used to deliver auto traders and the thrifty nickel. They printed a bunch of them but only sold a very small percentage which meant most of their copies went to waste and the ones that were bought were bought by the Alabama fans that advertisers probably werent targeting. I recommended that I worked with the Tide Pride on a few projects and had access to an mailing list. I told them to work with Tide Pride and offer a free subscription as a part of the Tide Pride Membership which would give them credibility and an audience that every advertiser is trying to reach allowing them to sell more ads at better price and turn it from a local rag for quickie marts into a legitimate magazine. They said they liked it, never followed thru and I excused myself from ever being part of it.

Since then I have seen them make some improvements watching from afar and I have seen their Youtube podcast and videos which are not great. I have also noticed that they have started getting noticed at the press conferences for questions which means they are at least working with the university communications dept.

All that to say, I don't think much of the business or creative minds that are involved and I dont really read, believe or watch what they put out there.

@Destiny's Child are they still in gas stations and the lot? The next time I fill up at a place, do you think I could find one?
I am not really sure. I dont really look for them or pay attention to little the rags that are for sale at the speedy mart counter. I guess just look beside the mags that print mugshots of all the people who went to jail locally and the mule trader.

Back
Top Bottom