| FTBL What a way for Saban to exit

I want to say this before I state who I think we'd go after, if he were to retire. I do not see him retiring if he wins it all this season. He's stated numerous times that he has no intentions of retiring soon. If you watch him during practices, that doesn't look like someone getting ready for retirement. He's still as spry as he's ever been.
That being said, if that were to happen, I'd love for us to contact Demeco. It's gonna be difficult to pull him away from his current job, but if anyone could do it, it be Alabama. Other candidates I feel we should go after are Glenn Schumann, and Dan Lanning. Particularly Schumann, he's been around the two best coaches in college football for his entire career. He's been a part of 6 national championships total on each of their staff. Schumann knows "the process" probably the best out anyone other those two. He knows what it takes to build up and maintain an elite program that wins championships. He's an excellent recruiter, he's the best at developing his position, excellent x's & o's coach and game planner, elite recruiter, guy is almost the total package in what you want as a coach. Only drawback with him is he doesn't have head coaching experience, but neither did Kirby.
Speaking of, there's no way it would happen.... but I'm sure we'd give him a call just for the hell of it. It be stupid to not at least try.

Back
Top Bottom