| FTBL What a shocker —- Woods commits to Clemson.

Davestwin

I admit it’s still very early in the recruiting cycle but I thought Woods was a lock to Bama. One of the best crop of instate high school seniors in a very long time and several are heading out of state. So which instate Top 12 players end up signing with the Tide?

Are recruits finally getting nervous about CNS's age or just losing a few like every year. We need stud 5 start DL especially in state guys.

I think we as fans sometimes forget that some recruits are more interested in environment than competition, development, preparing for the NFL, winning NC’s, and etc.

I'm a little surprised by this, but it could be another situation of just going for now, maybe transferring back later. Who knows what the situation is, maybe Clemson sold him better on early playing time. All kind of factors are a part of these decisions. Bama may not be able to offer him a true spot for 2 years and Clemson he can start for the first year or two and then transfer if he doesn't like it to wherever he wants and have more highlights and such for the draft.

Not seeing the issue here…kid likes Dabo, o.k. fine, kid may not want to do what it takes to play for CNS, o.k. fine, that’s not going to end well for him anyway. Not going to pretend to know what’s going on in an 19 year olds minds these days. Only thing I can say is if he makes it to the playoffs/NC game against us there may be a good chance of getting that ass spanked. :p

Nah. Think it’s the second one there. Really takes a certain type of mentality to play for CNS at Bama IMO. I believe that is the reason he is the GOAT,
I agree but that’s always been the car and Saban has typically cleaned up when the state has had a bonanza of high school talent. So far, that’s not happening as 5 of the top 12 have chosen to play elsewhere, 3 committed to Bama and 4 haven’t committed anywhere. It’s early and Woods could find his way back to Saban … but again this one shocked me. I’ve thought he was a lock for two years.

But my god we'll have a Southern Baptist football player / evangelist at Clemson that never would happen in Tuscaloosa!

Despicable recruiting with Woods. Just as dirty as he (DABO) was when he was in Tuscaloosa.
Lost me ( again) on this ..
.what did Dabo do....

And "have a Southern Baptist football player/evangelist at Clemson that never would happen IN TUSCALOOSA "

Really....never heard of the references to Sloan ( AD) and Curry ( HC)...in Tuscaloosa at Bama....

I agree but that’s always been the car and Saban has typically cleaned up when the state has had a bonanza of high school talent. So far, that’s not happening as 5 of the top 12 have chosen to play elsewhere, 3 committed to Bama and 4 haven’t committed anywhere. It’s early and Woods could find his way back to Saban … but again this one shocked me. I’ve thought he was a lock for two years.
Back to my original question, is this showing a crack in the recruiting machine Saban has created? If so why do you think? Saban's age? NIL or who knows? When decline starts there are some leading indicators just trying to see if this is one of them. Decline is a relative thing also. Compared to the std that CNS has created is what I am talking about. I still know when the dust settles CNS is going to get great talent at Bama so not overly concerned yet...

Back to my original question, is this showing a crack in the recruiting machine Saban has created? If so why do you think? Saban's age? NIL or who knows? When decline starts there are some leading indicators just trying to see if this is one of them. Decline is a relative thing also. Compared to the std that CNS has created is what I am talking about. I still know when the dust settles CNS is going to get great talent at Bama so not overly concerned yet...

It's clearly NIL. Saban is still pulling elite talent. It won't be a few years that some of these guys realize that that initial $100,000 won't mean anything for their future when they aren't getting the direction, development, and coaching to progress with their talents. Therefor not making a dent in the NFL. It's the new shiny car they are buying into right now. Things you see with every 16 year old.

Last edited:
I get wanting the Bama kids to play in TTown. This may be a season where the local kids just don’t have the “it” factor for Bama. I remember back in the mid 2000’s of a kid from my neck of the woods that was a beast at RB. Watching this kid game in and game out, for the life of me I couldn’t figure out why we didn’t get him. CNS offered for him to play LB but he wanted to be an RB so he went to Ole Miss. Good kid had his head on right but had his heart set on playing RB. This kid may have got something he wanted to hear from Dabo, as well as these other in state kids we miss on. Think we’ll be o.k. :)

Back
Top Bottom