| GAME THREAD WEEK FIVE ~ NCAA / SEC Games of the Week.

I heard ESPN/ABC Announcers last night say "But Georgia finds a way to win". Like that makes up for their way below average play.
If Bama has a game like that (Texas) then the "dynasty is dead". Most of these TV guys couldn't find their ass with a mirror on a stick.
It's kind of ridiculous that the reigning National Champion is getting treated like a Cinderella story that might break the big boys hold on the playoffs. That is usually the kind of thing you hear about Utah or Cincy.

It's kind of ridiculous that the reigning National Champion is getting treated like a Cinderella story that might break the big boys hold on the playoffs. That is usually the kind of thing you hear about Utah or Cincy.
I think Bama has been given that treatment at times in the past maybe not as much but some. Listening to the analyst talking about Bama vs Arkansas, I think they are being very kind to Bama. If you take away 3 plays Bama had about 300 yards of offense. It is great that we got those 3 plays and it took what could have veen a close win or even a loss and made it a blow out on the scoreboard.

I say all of that to say the first 2 qtrs Bama really controlled the game but that 3rd qtr oh my that was just really bad football. I believe they are the team we saw in the first half but man there is such a difference it is startling.

I think Bama has been given that treatment at times in the past maybe not as much but some. Listening to the analyst talking about Bama vs Arkansas, I think they are being very kind to Bama. If you take away 3 plays Bama had about 300 yards of offense. It is great that we got those 3 plays and it took what could have veen a close win or even a loss and made it a blow out on the scoreboard.

I say all of that to say the first 2 qtrs Bama really controlled the game but that 3rd qtr oh my that was just really bad football. I believe they are the team we saw in the first half but man there is such a difference it is startling.
But, using that line of thinking- if you take away 2 plays from Arky, they only score about 14 points . ( The onside kick & the bad snap on the punt)
Point is that every play counts.

But, using that line of thinking- if you take away 2 plays from Arky, they only score about 14 points . ( The onside kick & the bad snap on the punt)
Point is that every play counts.
Sure you can do that for them also but on the on side kick they still had to drive the field. On the bad snap sure that one was a gift especailly at that time in the game when Arkansas had ALL of the momentum.

The OL did a really good job in the 1st half and of course when BY went out Arkansas could stack the box so it is much harder to run with that many people in the box.

They always do that. It's really stupid. But when I say that Clemson folks accuse me of being an old ass who doesn't like "tradition". No, I just thing it is a stupid tradition. As bad as thrown TP into a tree in front of a drug store for every win by your team or loss by your rival.

I don't think it's dumb they can walk the field afterwards. They don't rush the field. I'd love to walk the field after a game with my kids in Tuscaloosa. I've actually done it and walked up the hill and saw Howard's Rock after a game against Georgia Tech. Pretty cool, but that's just me.

I heard ESPN/ABC Announcers last night say "But Georgia finds a way to win". Like that makes up for their way below average play.
If Bama has a game like that (Texas) then the "dynasty is dead". Most of these TV guys couldn't find their ass with a mirror on a stick.

Yeah, Tom Hart said ever so nonchalantly with just a couple of minutes left that Jawja "was now looking like the nation's #1 team." Uh-huh...

If you guys missed it, go watch Ohio State run a fake punt on 4th down in the 4th quarter up 39 points. The Rutgers guy flat out laid the wood to the punter out of bounds. Got ejected, but the punter got what he deserved. If you believe Day, who said the punter made that call on his own… Either way, trashy move by Ohio State while up 39. I was hoping he and Shiano would come to blows, and they almost did.

If you guys missed it, go watch Ohio State run a fake punt on 4th down in the 4th quarter up 39 points. The Rutgers guy flat out laid the wood to the punter out of bounds. Got ejected, but the punter got what he deserved. If you believe Day, who said the punter made that call on his own… Either way, trashy move by Ohio State while up 39. I was hoping he and Shiano would come to blows, and they almost did.
I’d pick Shiano in that bout. Don’t think Day would make it out of 1st round

Back
Top Bottom