| GAME THREAD WEEK 11: SEC / NCAA Games of the Week (top 25)

This tamu team beat the barn.

None of that matters.

The barn will be playing the IB with nothing to lose. Every gimmick CGM can dream up over his waffle house breakfast tomorrow will be added to the game plan.

It's when they're the most dangerous.

Bama has another game to play with a look toward the playoffs. Need to stay injury free. This is a great team but depth can be challenged quickly at a few positions.

Yeah, you're right. They will play with nothing to lose. The point I didn't make at all is that Kevin Sumlin will be on the phone with his agent really, really soon. They had double digit lead over Ole $i$$ and blew it.

I'm going to need a hazmat suit to read the meltdown thread Tuesday. That stuff's gotta be full-on nuclear.

Yeah, you're right. They will play with nothing to lose. The point I didn't make at all is that Kevin Sumlin will be on the phone with his agent really, really soon. They had double digit lead over Ole $i$$ and blew it.

I'm going to need a hazmat suit to read the meltdown thread Tuesday. That stuff's gotta be full-on nuclear.
Hazmat suit? You better make that two Hazmat suit!

Ugly loss at Georgia shows Auburn has no prayer to prevent what's coming at Alabama

Maybe it's better this way. At least now, when Alabama destroys Auburn in two weeks in the Iron Bowl, it won't be a playoff game. At least not for the Tigers.

It'll simply be one more painful reminder that Auburn may be better than it was a year ago but Auburn is far from back.

Back means playing Alabama for the SEC West title and a whole lot more with an actual chance to win. Back does not mean conceding the division to Alabama by losing ugly at Georgia and leaving no hope for the trip to Tuscaloosa.

Georgia 13, Auburn 7 was more than the crushing end of Auburn's outside shot at stealing Alabama's national thunder as it did three years ago. It was an ominous warning of what's coming when the Tigers get to T-town.

If they could score but one early touchdown against Georgia, and couldn't muster a single first down in the second half, they'll be lucky to cross midfield against the Alabama defense.

If they couldn't handle Smart and company, who hadn't won an SEC home game all season until Saturday, what chance do they have against Smart's mentor Nick Saban and his machine?

Shudder at the thought. There aren't enough prayers in Auburn's prayer circle to prevent the Armageddon that awaits.

AL.com's instant analysis: Auburn's SEC hopes dashed by Georgia

Auburn's six-game win streak was halted by rival Georgia in the 120th edition of the Deep South's Oldest Rivalry.

Maybe this premature meltdown was fitting. Auburn's season started with total offensive embarrassment, and it ended - at least the part of it with championship aspirations - the same way. As was the case in the close opening loss to Clemson, a lot of players took snaps, Kamryn Pettway didn't carry the ball at all and the Tigers found the end zone just once.

This time, you couldn't blame Pettway's failure to scratch on Gus Malzahn and his coaches. The SEC's leading rusher was too hurt from his final carry against Vanderbilt last week to go Saturday, and Auburn missed him terribly.

Whatever Gus thinks up, the UGA defense is nowhere near what Bama puts on the field. Regardless, I hoped for 10 wins and competing for the West this year. We got 10 wins and won the West already with 2+ games to go. Will I hate if we lose and don't go to the playoffs? Hell yeah. But we have exceeded my expectations for what should be a rebuilding year.

Back
Top Bottom