| GAME THREAD šŸˆ Week 0ļøāƒ£ /Week 1ļøāƒ£ :

Hurts has looked like a different player at times. Heā€™s actually thinking pass first then run which he had gotten away from at Bama. I didnā€™t see him take the snap and roll to the right side of the field until h threw it away or ran out of bounds behind the line one time this game.

But all fairness, his O-line is incredible there. He has had all day to throw the ball. And receivers uncovered from the snap. Itā€™s a bad sample but he looks great. Why canā€™t our O-like dominate like that... Duke that much better than Houston?

Oof. After one game against shitty D, this CBS clown has Jalen going in the first round to the Chargers in his mock. As if he didn't see at all how Jalen performed as a "passer" against top defenses in the SEC.

Then again, part of me sees Lincoln Riley's track record with developing QBs, specifically transfers and turns them into Heisman winners. Maybe he IS a "Whisperer" of downtrodden transfer QBs? We all know how much Murray sucked at aTm.

Oof. After one game against shitty D, this CBS clown has Jalen going in the first round to the Chargers in his mock. As if he didn't see at all how Jalen performed as a "passer" against top defenses in the SEC.

Then again, part of me sees Lincoln Riley's track record with developing QBs, specifically transfers and turns them into Heisman winners. Maybe he IS a "Whisperer" of downtrodden transfer QBs? We all know how much Murray sucked at aTm.

I think Lincoln has probably improved him even more but lets not forget how much Jalen progressed between 2017 and 2018, too. Dan Enos did a hell of a job with him no matter how much of a spineless coward he is. Jalen is gonna put up monster numbers this season, but he's going to be playing Big XII defenses. So, it has to be taken into consideration, but then again it didn't hurt Kyler Murray or Baker Mayfield that they played nothing but JV defenses all year.

Maybe he IS a "Whisperer" of downtrodden transfer QBs
I think Lincoln has probably improved him even more but lets not forget how much Jalen progressed between 2017 and 2018, too
1st scoring drive had two passes and both were around the line of scrimmage.
2nd scoring drive his pass hit a receiver that was already 15-20 yards past the defender (broken coverage.)
3rd scoring drive his pass was a quick slant.

There was not a throw in that game we haven't seen from Jalen. In fact, the passes he was completing were ones he would have completed in 2016ā€”pre Tua, in other words.

I'm not taking anything away from Riley or his ability to develop quarterbacks. However, I am taking away any credence lent to anyone stating he performed some miracle or displayed a lot of improvement. It was simply the same Jalen against a FCS quality defense (being gracious.) My god, this was a Dana Holgorsen defense at Houston.

It was simply the same Jalen against a FCS quality defense (being gracious.) My god, this was a Dana Holgorsen defense at Houston.

An Enterprise kid transferred from Troy over there in the offseason and the coaches have already said he is by far the best player on their defense (cant play this year). He's a great kid, super athlete, elite speed, good cover guy but he's 5-foot-8. Probably says a lot about the level of guys there.

Eventhough I bet on the Dame to win tonight, I wish Louisville could upset them. I'll have to watch the game with the sound muted because I know I won't be able to stand the commentary.

Back
Top Bottom