| FTBL "We don't win games b/c we're Alabama."

Quote from CNS from the most recent press conference. When he said this I almost jumped out of my chair for joy!!!!

See Porter's thread & link to the 10/8/07 press conference, CNS says this in closing on the second half of the interveiw.

Man, it is good to have him at the helm. This should be one of the quotes that we save about him b/c I've so sick & tired of attitudes that expect us to win by just throwing our helmet on the feild (fans & teams alike).

As soon as we can foster this attitude (fans & team alike) we will be NC caliber program again!

Here is to the future (che)!!!

Agreed C&WG. It's very refreshing to hear that and I hope that our fans (yes, even some on this message board) take that to heart.

This program has some work to do to become the Bama of old and I, for one, am going to enjoy every step along the way!

Swamptick said:
I agree wholeheartedly and have been preaching this the whole time.

I just hope our "crazy" fans dont scare Coach Saban away.

*crosses fingers*

I had worried about this same issue. I was reminded by some fine folks on this site, however, that CNS was coach @ LSU and he should be used to crazy fans. I am also pretty sure that he caught a lot of grief at the Dolphins too. I think that there is a much greater chance that someone on the BOT would wind up running him off if its going to happen or some crazy booster getting back on probation again.

I had worried about this same issue. I was reminded by some fine folks on this site, however, that CNS was coach @ LSU and he should be used to crazy fans. I am also pretty sure that he caught a lot of grief at the Dolphins too. I think that there is a much greater chance that someone on the BOT would wind up running him off if its going to happen or some crazy booster getting back on probation again.

I thought the BOT were the crazy fans.

imatigerfan said:

I thought the BOT were the crazy fans.

haha! Them too!

vatz22au said:
Not to sound like an ass, but wouldn't you rather win games because you are Alabama?

Not sure exactly what you are saying, so I'll try to cover some bases...

-The statement included the we're which is short for are.

-We don't win games just b/c we are Alabama. Being a school doesn't score points & doesn't make plays on the feild.

-if you were meaning anything else, then yeah, you sounded like a, well, you know... :?

I agree with the message Saban is putting forth. Fans need to be realistic and patient. I picked Bama to go 7-5 this year and believe that will be the case. Saban is building a program so we MUST give him time.

Back
Top Bottom