| FTBL WE ARE NUMBER ONE

Don't want to rain on the parade here. I DO AGREE that we should be NUMBER ONE IN THE BCS COLLEGE FOOTBALL.

However, we might NOT be the best team in the nation on any given day. If that is the case, I know who is NOT NUMBER ONE:

-Texas
-Texas Tech
-Penn State, or any Big 10(11) team
-USC

Oklahoma has looked as good as anyone, even in the UT loss. Florida could be the best team in the nation right now based on how they have played so far.

BUT ALABAMA SHOULD BE NUMBER 1!!!!!!!!!!!

We may or may not be #1 in the rankings. I don't really care. We just have to keep on winning. Florida looks mighty good and we'll have to beat them in order to claim the conference title.

I'm not saying we shouldn't be happy about where we are now. We just can't get too cocky just yet.

Roll Tide!

AFF said:
We may or may not be #1 in the rankings. I don't really care. We just have to keep on winning. Florida looks mighty good and we'll have to beat them in order to claim the conference title.

I'm not saying we shouldn't be happy about where we are now. We just can't get too cocky just yet.

Roll Tide!

Well said. Doesn't mean a thing........yet.

RTR

ExiledTidefan said:
Don't want to rain on the parade here. I DO AGREE that we should be NUMBER ONE IN THE BCS COLLEGE FOOTBALL.

However, we might NOT be the best team in the nation on any given day. If that is the case, I know who is NOT NUMBER ONE:

-Texas
-Texas Tech
-Penn State, or any Big 10(11) team
-USC

Oklahoma has looked as good as anyone, even in the UT loss. Florida could be the best team in the nation right now based on how they have played so far.

BUT ALABAMA SHOULD BE NUMBER 1!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said, being #1 means we have a bigger target on our back. We still have to beat LSU! I'm glad some are happy, but we have a long and tough road ahead of us. The GATORS looked like a great team today, LSU by far is not going to be easy.

The reality is we are set up to fail. It is up to the team to prove everyone wrong.

Any time you are ranked higher than your opponent, you have a target on your back. Don't think for a minute that we haven't gotten the very best ever opponent has been able to dish out.

Don't fear the #1, embrace it! If this was a pre-season ranking, I could see the nervousness. But after 9 games, we have earned it by taking care of business.

Tideboy said:
Any time you are ranked higher than your opponent, you have a target on your back. Don't think for a minute that we haven't gotten the very best ever opponent has been able to dish out.

Don't fear the #1, embrace it! If this was a pre-season ranking, I could see the nervousness. But after 9 games, we have earned it by taking care of business.

;tr

Great position to be in as a team--control of one's own fate and not having to rely on someone else to get it done for you.

Now it is up to Bama to go out and prove its ranking one game at a time.

RTR!

Back
Top Bottom