| FOOD Walmart's "W+" and their food delivery service.

Y’all are brave!!! I don’t trust any of them to deliver food stuff!!!!!! Much less Walmart. I haven’t eaten anything from Walmart in at least 17-18 years. A buddy of mine is a regional manager and my ex-wife’s friend is a district manager. They don’t eat stuff from Walmart either.
These guys above describe how I use Walmart's delivery on groceries. The W+ goes beyond that.

Context: Before I joined I'd make a drink run at Walmart. That would usually consist of three or four cases of water, a case or two of soft drinks, a few cases of beer, etc. The drinks alone would weigh as much as a cart of lumber from Lowe's. 🙃 Now those are dropped at my doorstep.

I have two dogs and normally buy a 45-50lb bag of dog food. I don't have to put in the cart, carry it to the car—again, dropped at the front door.

I grow a lot of my own vegetables and by the time I run out the farmer's markets around town are open. The majority of the meat I buy? Publix. (There is a local butchery that's worth the occasional trip.)

IE: Out of paper towels. They'll be here tomorrow. It'll also cost me a small tip, but that's worth not having to drive there and deal with Walmart in all its glory.

One thing I didn't know until I saw a commercial for W+ yesterday. Paramount+ is included with the membership.

What they offer I can find "pirated" pretty quickly. But, what the hell, right?

Paramount+ is $50 a year or $5 a month if I remember correctly.

One thing I didn't know until I saw a commercial for W+ yesterday. Paramount+ is included with the membership.

What they offer I can find "pirated" pretty quickly. But, what the hell, right?

Paramount+ is $50 a year or $5 a month if I remember correctly.
Paramount+ is actually really good for folks who don't have good antenna service. It carries your local CBS at the $10 a month level. The $5 plan doesn't get access to the local live channels and has commercials in the streaming stuff, but as a freebie with another service it is good enough. If you like Showtime, you can add it for like $3 a month and it also includes the live station right on the app. I run my own Jellyfin server that I store stuff I got on the Seven Seas, but I do pay for quite a few services outside of that.

Paramount+ is actually really good for folks who don't have good antenna service. It carries your local CBS at the $10 a month level. The $5 plan doesn't get access to the local live channels and has commercials in the streaming stuff, but as a freebie with another service it is good enough. If you like Showtime, you can add it for like $3 a month and it also includes the live station right on the app. I run my own Jellyfin server that I store stuff I got on the Seven Seas, but I do pay for quite a few services outside of that.
I wasn't aware of a Showtime-Paramount+ bundle until seeing a commercial this morning while watching the premiere of Tulsa King. I'll have to look to see how that works when paired with a free Paramount account.

There have been some great Showtime series—Banshee likely my favorite. I don't know if that's worth the $3 a month. I'm not much of a movie guy. In fact, watching the first movie I've seen in three months or so right now while entering games for Saturday. On top of that I'm not much of a week to week series watcher. The only one right now is Yellowstone and I watched its premiere Tuesday and Wednesday.

I know, $3 a month isn't shit—but I still question the value. 🤷‍♂️

I know, $3 a month isn't shit—but I still question the value. 🤷‍♂️
I pay for way more services than I use. Every time I get ready to cancel some people around here suddenly remember we have them and start using them again. Were it not for my MIL being so confused over everything I would drop most of them, but right now I don't want to make what days she has remaining any more confusing for her. Hell, our internet went out the other day for a few hours and she thought that meant we had gotten rid of YouTube TV completely and she had to watch only antenna now. Yes, that confused.

Just found out about this the other day. Through the W+ plan they've started a "Mobile Scan and Go."

I stopped by just to see if they had any garden plants out and decided I'd pick up a few things. Now, I still had to wait in line for one person. But, with 16 items it was tap, tap, one scan, and I'm gone. Maybe one minute. Maybe.

Its the future of retail to have “pickers” get your ordered merchandise.. because of rampant shoplifting throughout the world Walmart is losing billions

WD-40, two packs of Super Glue, and a Presta valve adapter. All three out of "in store" stock yesterday: arriving today.

All three in Charlotte at 12 AM. Fed Ex.

Which gets here first? Do they come on three separate trucks?

Oh..the quandaries of a Saturday. :sigh:

Back
Top Bottom