| CURRENT EVENTS Wall to Wall: Russia, Russia, Russia. This Ukraine mess, what's your feelings on the matter?

The Ukrainian Orthodox Church pretty much answers to Putin. Ukraine has a separate Orthodox Church of Ukraine that continue to operate without Russian interference.
So the NYT says - although they do admit that Zelenskyy raided monasteries looking for so-called "saboteurs" but failed to report if any had actually been identified or arrested.

Putin is a dictator. Zelenskyy is a dictator. So far, our government has not provided a satisfactory answer as to why we are sending tens of billions of dollars of US taxpayer money to protect one dictator from another in eastern Europe or how that is in the interests of US national security.

Further telling is that there is literally ZERO ability to track a single dollar being sent to Ukraine for "aid". Very few politicians of either party are in favor of attaching any type of auditing requirements to the billions in "aid". We already knew both political parties are full of crooks - but this is a brazen act even for them.

The crooks in both parties have made it difficult for an honest person to serve in Congress. The message is very clear for them. Don't ask any questions and play along and become very, very rich at the US taxpayer's expense. Failure to pretend that Ukraine is a "democracy" and support the Ukranian war effort - no matter what - will result in you being labeled a "Putin" supporter.

So the NYT says - although they do admit that Zelenskyy raided monasteries looking for so-called "saboteurs" but failed to report if any had actually been identified or arrested.

Putin is a dictator. Zelenskyy is a dictator. So far, our government has not provided a satisfactory answer as to why we are sending tens of billions of dollars of US taxpayer money to protect one dictator from another in eastern Europe or how that is in the interests of US national security.

Further telling is that there is literally ZERO ability to track a single dollar being sent to Ukraine for "aid". Very few politicians of either party are in favor of attaching any type of auditing requirements to the billions in "aid". We already knew both political parties are full of crooks - but this is a brazen act even for them.

The crooks in both parties have made it difficult for an honest person to serve in Congress. The message is very clear for them. Don't ask any questions and play along and become very, very rich at the US taxpayer's expense. Failure to pretend that Ukraine is a "democracy" and support the Ukranian war effort - no matter what - will result in you being labeled a "Putin" supporter.

Because the US Government hates Russia and its people. Its easy to understand why. Russia is an ancient country and culture that parades soldiers in its capital and builds state sponsored Orthodox churches, while the United States parades sodomy rights, racial grievance politics, and degeneracy around the world. Russia is a nation that doesn't play ball with our neoliberal and neocon establishment, and they have the means of ensuring their country doesn't end up like Iraq under Sadaam or Libya under Gaddafi. I once heard a saying that all wars are dialectical in nature, and if that is true, it is easy to understand why the United States views Russia with complete animosity and vice versa.

And on Putin being a dictator? Do you think the United States today is much different to many totalitarian states? Speak out against the LGBT cartel or speak badly about Saint George Floyd and see what happens to you. At least in Putin's Russia you know where the authority lies. Authority in the United States is like a hydra. It rests in various institutions that constantly undermine the populace as a whole. The United States is ultimately ruled by a liberal authoritarian regime that seeks to eradicate any and all cultures and traditions that it deems bad.

As far as the rat Zelensky is concerned, I view the man as nothing more than a thug gangster who answers to his masters in Washington/NATO. He is a piece of shit who is using his country as a battering ram to weaken Russia upon orders from his bosses.

The rest of the story, from the WSJ. Astonishing how some people will always default to the pro-Moscow position.
The story is behind a paywall so I can’t comment on it. I saw a line or 2 regarding celebrating Christmas which didn’t give a great deal of info except dates. I’m in the Orthodox Church of America and we participate in the old calendar and new. I don’t think you nor the writer of said article know much of orthodoxy and just revert to the knee jerk reaction of Russians bad. I’m against war of all kinds except self defense.
BTW…you totally blew it with the pipeline. It WAS the US not the confederacy.

The story is behind a paywall so I can’t comment on it. I saw a line or 2 regarding celebrating Christmas which didn’t give a great deal of info except dates. I’m in the Orthodox Church of America and we participate in the old calendar and new. I don’t think you nor the writer of said article know much of orthodoxy and just revert to the knee jerk reaction of Russians bad. I’m against war of all kinds except self defense.
BTW…you totally blew it with the pipeline. It WAS the US not the confederacy.
Welcome back, and Happy New Year. Here you go.

In terms of invading Ukraine, Russians are bad. Wanting to be part of NATO to protect you from a hostile neighbor is not bad. The Baltics are peaceful because of the NATO deterrent. Despite its fits and starts, do you think Romania is better off due to its NATO membership?

You can find any article or conspiratorial website to support your view that the U.S. is bad. Have at it.

Attachments

• This Christmas, Many Christians in Ukraine Turn Away From Russia - WSJ.pdf
    638.2 KB · Views: 0
Welcome back, and Happy New Year. Here you go.

In terms of invading Ukraine, Russians are bad. Wanting to be part of NATO to protect you from a hostile neighbor is not bad. The Baltics are peaceful because of the NATO deterrent. Despite its fits and starts, do you think Romania is better off due to its NATO membership?

You can find any article or conspiratorial website to support your view that the U.S. is bad. Have at it.
I said that I am against ALL war except self defense. Anything else is by nature evil. How many defensive wars has the US fought since WW2? There shouldn’t be any NATO members beyond what were the members until the end of the old Cold War. When I use the term US, I’m using it as a reference to our government. We just have different versions of what government should be.

I said that I am against ALL war except self defense. Anything else is by nature evil. How many defensive wars has the US fought since WW2? There shouldn’t be any NATO members beyond what were the members until the end of the old Cold War. When I use the term US, I’m using it as a reference to our government. We just have different versions of what government should be.
What a clean, easy world it would be if all domestic and foreign policy decisions were that easy.

Attachments

• America’s Choice in Ukraine - WSJ.pdf
    182.3 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom