| FTBL Very nice future

ACL11190

Verified Member
We might have lost this game but u have to realize we dont have many good atheletes YET, but players are starting to want to come to alabama like they used to...saban realizes that its going to take time to make a championship football team. also we are doing very good to even make these games close, we have a coaching dreamteam we might even go 6-6 this season but its not because of the coaches, its just because we dont have the athletes right now. give us a couple years and we will be up there with lsu and usc

ACL11190 said:
We might have lost this game but u have to realize we dont have many good atheletes YET, but players are starting to want to come to alabama like they used to...saban realizes that its going to take time to make a championship football team. also we are doing very good to even make these games close, we have a coaching dreamteam we might even go 6-6 this season but its not because of the coaches, its just because we dont have the athletes right now. give us a couple years and we will be up there with lsu and usc

I agree 100%!

ACL11190 said:

i totally agree. imo the fact that we made another comeback in the 4th quarter to force overtime is an acomplishment. this team is not rolling over when we are down at halftime like we did the last few years. the future is looking bright. ROLL TIDE!!!

My son asked me why Alabama lost (he's 14 and is just now really starting to get into it) after he had heard so much talk about Coach Saban. I tried explaining to him about a new coach coming in and adding a new staff of asst. coaches and having new signals, a new system and the players having to learn it etc. and it will take some time for things to gel. I know that Bama has problems in some areas, but I am more confident that we have a Coach in place that will be able to recognize them and find ways to improve them. I knew going into this game that we could drop this game. I also know that about LSU, Ole Miss (especially after yesterday - wow!) and, don't laugh, the Barn. The Iron Bowl is always up for grabs.....both teams come and play their guts out there for that game.
After 6-7, I'll take 9-3. And look forward to excellent recruiting classes and a brighter future.

Very few stupid penalties last night. I don't remember many false starts or delay of game calls. We used to see those all the time. We also did not needlessly burn time outs on offense. This is a much more disciplined team than last season.

I think Mustin being out was a key to our difficulties on defense and our inability to stop them on third down.

I was very encouraged by the way this team did not give up.

ROLL DAMN TIDE! Call me an optimist, but I'm looking ahead to the future and I need some shades, because its bright. Once we get the offense and defense to both click on the same night, we will get it going. 3-1 is nothing to scoff at. Roll Tide Roll!

We need to run the football and run it to the right side, some every team knows where the run is going.

Major applewhite is good but he tries to be too quite sometimes on short yardage when just running the ball is all you need but he is young also he and team still learning new Offense.

Defense some shioddy tackling here not wrapping up wanting to use shoulder like last year.

How many times last year do you think we'd bow up and tie the game (or win it) when trailing by 10 in the fourth quarter? The loss is disappointing, but I'll take where the team is now over where it was at the end of last season

Nice posts in this thread and many from the newbies!

Good point about Mustin's absence. He was sorely missed last night.

I hated to lose that one last night, but with the way the team is playing, and the conference as tough as it is now (Kentucky,LSU, SC,Fla,uga,bama, barn,) just about any team can win on Saturday. It is the WAY we are playing the game now that has me excited, not so much the wins and losses. There is no shame in getting beat man-up. The coaching and desire is there, unlike the last 7-8 years. Roll Tide!

Re: I'm confused

townhallsavoy said:
I'm confused...I thought that DJ Hall, Terry Grant, Prince Hall, Simeon Castille, Wallace Gilberry...I thought they were superb athletes? Were they not enough to beat Georgia?

Amazing what a win over New Mexico State can do for a fanbase.

What's Auburn's SEC record so far? 0-1 with a loss to Mississippi State?

Good luck on not starting 0-2 in conference this season.

:lol: :lol:

Shades

BamaFan425 said:
ROLL DAMN TIDE! Call me an optimist, but I'm looking ahead to the future and I need some shades, because its bright. Once we get the offense and defense to both click on the same night, we will get it going. 3-1 is nothing to scoff at. Roll Tide Roll!

Our future is so bright we all need to wear shades. Here is a pair of big ones for you. The best Football in the land is coming our way.

Do you know why we paid so much for Saban? Cause we can.
big-sunglasses.jpg

reger60 said:
Very few stupid penalties last night. I don't remember many false starts or delay of game calls. We used to see those all the time. We also did not needlessly burn time outs on offense. This is a much more disciplined team than last season.

I think Mustin being out was a key to our difficulties on defense and our inability to stop them on third down.

I was very encouraged by the way this team did not give up.

Kind of shows you how much a single player can mean. With Saban recruting like he is we will do nothing but get better.

After watching the Nick Saban Show last night, my thoughts we confirmed that the guys just didn't have the spark in the first half. Clearly evident. I believe Mustin plays a larger roll than people thought. Saban mentioned on that and you could see it in Mustin standing on the side lines. The kid wanted to play so bad and I felt bad for him. You could see his frustration not being able to play but dying to get out there!

I have faith in our team that if we come out hungry every single game this season, we could go 9-3 this year, maybe 10-2. My nominal is we'll probably go 7-8 wins this year.

Ole Miss was hanging in there with the Gaytors at Oxford. They sure looked hungry for a win despite losing! LSU would come in to flush the house just in spite of Saban being here as our HC (ould be nice to beat them but I don't see it happening :lol: ). Iron Bowl is always a toss up. Never know what is going to happen in that game.

Re: I'm confused

townhallsavoy said:
I'm confused...I thought that DJ Hall, Terry Grant, Prince Hall, Simeon Castille, Wallace Gilberry...I thought they were superb athletes? Were they not enough to beat Georgia?

Well, Mr. Burns is a heck of an athlete, but you see how well that's going for ya...

2-2? 0-1 in the SEC?

Good luck with the next game though bro...

Back
Top Bottom