| FTBL UT Punter Loses Scholly

It looks like Phatimus is finally trying to add a little discipline to his program, but by now it may be like getting toothpaste back in the tube.

Only four Colquit's? I can't remember a punter for them who wasn't a Colquitt.

Thanks for the link Mosby. I'd heard something about this the other day but dismissed it as just another incident at UT and assumed nothing much would come of it. I'm a little surprised at the level of discipline handed down given Foolmer's history, but it was appropriate.

EDIT:

Coincidentally, I just read (and don't know if it's true or not) that this possibly Colquitt's 5th alcohol-related incident at UT. :shock: :shock:

If that's the case he should be gone. Period.

I like reading things like that but I don't think it will happen.

Right or wrong, Phil has brought a TON of success to the Vols and I think he still has some credit there.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out but I suspect he will be there as long as he reasonably wants to be.

He may be going through some down years here. There may be a new coaching POWER in Alabama along with stiff competition from Myer and Richt. He may be a slimeball with an ego the size of the state of Tennessee, but he has won a heck of a lot of football games for them and (like it or not) is a good coach.

Time will tell.

As little as 3 years ago, Fulmer/UT had all the state news agencies in line. You rarely ever saw anything negative about the coach or the program. This is a huge difference from years past. I'm afraid the writing is on the wall, and nothing short of a strong season could save Fatlock from the hotseat.

Sadly, 12 years ago or so, I had a healthy respect for the UT program. I never found myself pulling against them. Fulmers affects reach far beyond the UT program.

Pork, I haven't really been able to confirm this either way, but one of my buddies who is a UT fan said that it was his third DUI.

I bet this one was a tough one for Fat Phil to handle given that this kid's family have been major contributors to their program for decades.

BamaFan615 said:
Pork, I haven't really been able to confirm this either way, but one of my buddies who is a UT fan said that it was his third DUI.

I bet this one was a tough one for Fat Phil to handle given that this kid's family have been major contributors to their program for decades.

Well, if it's only his third he's in good shape then as far as Foolmer is concerned. We already know that he's got a 3-strike drug policy so 3 DUI's is nothing.

porkchop said:
BamaFan615 said:

Well, if it's only his third he's in good shape then as far as Foolmer is concerned. We already know that he's got a 3-strike drug policy so 3 DUI's is nothing.

So does that make like a six strike DUI policy?

Colquit's family has big bucks, so pulling the scholly is meaningless. The five game suspension could hurt them. He'll miss Florida, Auburn and UCLA plus a couple of cup cakes.

Swamptick said:
I like reading things like that but I don't think it will happen.

Right or wrong, Phil has brought a TON of success to the Vols and I think he still has some credit there.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out but I suspect he will be there as long as he reasonably wants to be.

He may be going through some down years here. There may be a new coaching POWER in Alabama along with stiff competition from Myer and Richt. He may be a slimeball with an ego the size of the state of Tennessee, but he has won a heck of a lot of football games for them and (like it or not) is a good coach.

Time will tell.

I'm a Bama fan that can recall when we had a healthy rivalry with UT. There are UT fans that remember the same. Fulmer pulled out his own shovel and started digging the hole he is in back in '99 with the NCAA mess.

He's not sitting in a pretty place. I mentioned before the season started things weren't looking good on his end and the print media jumping on this bandwagon is just another weight being added...

psychojoe said:
Colquit's family has big bucks, so pulling the scholly is meaningless.

EXACTLY. I would hope that anything after 1 DUI would result in being dismissed from the team. If it were up to me, 1 DUI would result in being dismissed.

BamaFan615 said:

Tennessee DUI Consequences - 3rd Offense (within 10 years)

Jail Time 120 days to 11 months, 29 days.

Probationary Period 11 months, 29 days less the time spent in jail.

Fine $1,100 - $10,000

DUI Assessment Mandatory alcohol and drug addiction fee of $100.00 for each conviction.

DUI School/Alcohol Rehabilitation Alcohol Rehabilitation.

Volunteer Community Work May be ordered by the court.

License Revocation 3 to 10 years; not eligible for restricted license.

Vehicle Forfeiture Authorized.

A fourth DUI is a felony...

Back
Top Bottom