| FTBL USA Today Poll Is Out

• Thread starter imported_RollTideRandy
  • Start date
come on guys we have had a pretty easy schedule up 'till now. This week will be our first test of the season. We beat Arkansas, and that pretty much guarantees us a spot in the top 25

Bishop said:
come on guys we have had a pretty easy schedule up 'till now. This week will be our first test of the season. We beat Arkansas, and that pretty much guarantees us a spot in the top 25

I agree. If/ when we take care of business we'll be in.

You know we don't get a lot of love from the polsters. We will have to beat Arkansas to get ranked. I knew when South Carolina beat Georgia they would be ranked.

We have no reason to be ranked right now guys. We finished 6-7 last year with a four game skid at the end and have beaten two teams that didn't have winning records last year. Let's not get our panties in a wad so quickly. Remember what happen in 05? Once we beat some decent/good teams we will get ranked. And with Saban at the helm, we are likely to sky rocket up the rankings if we somehow come away undefeated in the month of sep, which looks more and more doable each week.Arky will go along way,as it always does, with determining how the rest of Alabama's season pans out. ROLL TIDE!

yeah, but you'd think we'd get more votes than 1-1 Boise State..... Usually USA Today is somewhat fair.... oh well....I am glad that this year has been made obvious to how absolutly ridiculous preseason polls are

If we're unhappy about being ranked beneath Georgia we can take care of that one Saturday week.

As coach GS used to say, if you keep on winning, things like that will take care of themselves.

After what LSU did to them, I am surprised that the Hokies are still ranked.

Sure, there might be no reason for bama to be ranked RIGHT NOW, but for some of these teams to be ranked so highly (Va Tech, Nebraska, Georgia even), and then not fall out in favor of undefeated teams shows me that the system of ranking teams is HIGHLY flawed and depends almost entirely on assumptive reputation, NOT HOW THE TEAM LOOKS ON THE FIELD.

If anyone was paying attention, the Bama offense looks to have banner talent this year; awesome depth at RB, two stellar WR's, and an O-Line that has held its own thus far. The defense looks hungry again this year-stay healthy guys. And there's a spark waiting to ignite in the return game in Javier Arenas (love that guy)...

The polls are so bogus this early I know. But a lot of complete polls have Bama in the 50's... and that is BALONEY!

Well, we got 116 votes in the AP, which counts for something. I have no doubt that we'll be ranked after we drop the bomb on Arkansas. One bright spot though. Auburn only got 23 votes. HAHA!

Back
Top Bottom