| NEWS Urban Meyer excludes Clemson from final Playoff projection- 247Sports

S

SEC Sports

Fox Sports college football analyst and three-time national champion coach Urban Meyer is sticking to his guns this week. In his updated College Football Playoff projection heading into Tuesday night's first selection committee rankings reveal, Meyer picked Clemson to be left out of the final mix.

Co-analyst Matt Leinart was the only other member of Fox's five-person panel to also exclude the fourth-ranked Tigers from next month's Playoff.

Meyer is picking top-seeded Alabama to maintain its stay at the top, No. 2 Notre Dame to win out and win the ACC (with another win over Clemson) and rounded out his final four projection with Ohio State and Florida

Meyer has been a Nostradamus of sorts this season, accurately projecting that Notre Dame would be the one team that could ruin Clemson's national title hopes in September and also picking Florida as a sleeper final four team.

“I like the Irish and I like the Irish for several reasons,” Meyer said back on Sept. 12, long before the Irish's overtime win over the Tigers earlier this month. “In preseason we talked about when you're in difficult situations what carries a program? Number one is leadership. They have a great coach in Brian Kelly and a very strong culture that's established. Their schedule is very manageable.

"Remember the ACC 10 years when Miami, Florida State, Virginia Tech, Louisville were top 15 programs? That would've been a different story. They’re down now. I think they're going to pound people. I like the Irish to stand tall in the end.”

Back
Top Bottom