| CURRENT EVENTS Ukraine: "If you can't get legal drugs, you go to the street. If you can't get truth from the government, you go to the leaks."

TerryP

Staff
  1. The legacy media.
  2. Ukraine.
  3. Russia.
  4. The US Government.
  5. The documents leaked from Jack Teixeira.
These are your five choices. Who do you believe?

I find it puzzling when I look at the focus of the media here. It's about Jack. It's not about what Jack released. I don't see misinformation, I see misdirection.

I keep getting the hint from Republicans that he is some kind of hero for whistleblowing. I have no idea where that thought comes from. Let's not make this guy some kind of hero. He was releasing info on a discord channel to make himself look big. He also showed how stupid he is as he took almost no precautions to hide who he was.

I keep getting the hint from Republicans that he is some kind of hero for whistleblowing. I have no idea where that thought comes from. Let's not make this guy some kind of hero. He was releasing info on a discord channel to make himself look big. He also showed how stupid he is as he took almost no precautions to hide who he was.
I don't think he acted along on this?

1&4 are in goose step with each other. Very little truth is to be found in America these days be it from gov or media. An inadvertent hero maybe but regardless he has exposed the kaleidoscope of lies that we are bombarded with daily. 1,2,4 are in full spin mode while 3 is rubbing its hands gleefully at the continued ineptitude exhibited by the puppet in the Oval Office. Hang me along with them but people like Assange & Snowden are much needed hero’s of conscience while this young guy may be an accidental hero because of online gamers instability.

It's garbage. He had no ideology, he just wanted to be a big man on a discord channel populated by folks who had been banned from another channel for various reasons.
Perhaps. It looks that way at this point. A week ago, according to government officials through Reuters, it was Russian. :ROFLMAO:

Shouldn't focus be on what was leaked, versus who and what their motive might be?

I'll tell ya this. If he had released those papers to WaPo instead of putting it on Discord, they'd be doing their best to hide his identity.

I will say, the documents are truthful as far as I can tell. At least allowing for the fact that some of it is rumor (example: Putin Chemo). But I am not sure about the whole trust the media or trust the documents dichotomy. The original focus was on what was leaked, or at least what could be confirmed about it. Nobody was sure they were real or not until the government said they were classified. And the arrest is the big news right now so that is going to be top of everything. The same could be said about some of the other leakers over the years who more closely fit whistleblowing, like Manning, and Snowden.

I see him as more like past members here who used info to make them look like Bama insiders.

Do the press play favorites, and the U.S. gov't obfuscate to meet their ends? Of course.

However, Putin and the Russia he directs are evil. You can sit here an lob grenades at our government, and the media, and no one will come for you. Any belief to the contrary is a fallacy. Try doing that under Putin's nose.

I think the bigger question here is "What is Truth?" Is it just what we want to believe? Is it only things that agree with our thoughts? Or is it possible that he and the media and the White House are all telling the truth since each has documentation to back up their assertions (even if we have not been shown it)?

The items he posted are more than likely real and possibly factual (we know some are intelligence reporting of unsubstantiated rumors so...), but are they truth? Do they show everything or just what he wanted us to see? Is he really telling the truth or is he just telling part of it that the media may not be?

Should the White House now release every estimate of Ukranian and Russian deaths to show how wide that range is? Do they owe us an explanation of how each came about and why a particular one is the one they picked to use? Do they owe us that even if it puts agents in the field in danger or possibly hurts diplomatic work going on around the world?

So, of all the things to leak his pro Russian ass just so happens to leak that. Hell man I could leak things that go with my biases
Wow. He's pro-Russian? Good lord you can make some leaps. Perhaps he's just against Nazi's.
The items he posted are more than likely real and possibly factual (we know some are intelligence reporting of unsubstantiated rumors so...), but are they truth? Do they show everything or just what he wanted us to see? Is he really telling the truth or is he just telling part of it that the media may not be?
If it's not the truth, why are they raising so much hell ("not for the public eye?")

Back
Top Bottom