| FTBL Uh oh. AAFL may fold (updated)

• Thread starter imported_porkchop
  • Start date
You would think they could get a TV deal with somebody. With the crap that ESPN plays sometimes, you'd think they'd want to have something to air during the spring.

Fox Sports is another that could benefit from airing these games. With FSN being regional, that would make a lot of sense. They could show the games that would most interest the people in their regions.

Bama Bo said:
You would think they could get a TV deal with somebody. With the crap that ESPN plays sometimes, you'd think they'd want to have something to air during the spring.

Fox Sports is another that could benefit from airing these games. With FSN being regional, that would make a lot of sense. They could show the games that would most interest the people in their regions.

Had one in the works w/ the NFL Network...

That's pretty funny. The majority of funding was predicated on student loan paper. If not guaranteed, that's generally crap.

If anyone wants a good subprime primer, here's a powerpoint presentation that's funny and informative. Don't let the 45 slide length scare you, it's a very quick read. Little bit of foul language in it, too, but very well done.

Stickman Suprime Primer:
http://docs.google.com/TeamPresent?docid=ddp4zq7n_0cdjsr4fn&skipauth=true

I have spoken to some people and the league may still go. We will know more next week. They are waiting on a couple of key investors to sign off on the league. Something happened today that should make it more attractive to the investors.

I sure wish Donald Trump hadn't tried to make the USFL go head-to-head in the fall with the NFL a few years ago. That was some spring football that potentially had some staying power.

porkchop said:
Bama Bo said:
psychojoe said:
I guess that ESPN will be content to continue to bring us bowling, pool and poker.

Don't forget spelling bees

Yeah ESPN televising spelling bees might be one of the most ridiculous things ever proposed for television.

The only thing more ridiculous than ESPN airing the Spelling Bee, is the ESPN Commentary/Play-By-Play on ESPN's coverage of the Spelling Bee.

ghice said:
porkchop said:
Bama Bo said:
psychojoe said:
I guess that ESPN will be content to continue to bring us bowling, pool and poker.

Don't forget spelling bees

Yeah ESPN televising spelling bees might be one of the most ridiculous things ever proposed for television.

The only thing more ridiculous than ESPN airing the Spelling Bee, is the ESPN Commentary/Play-By-Play on ESPN's coverage of the Spelling Bee.

I'm glad I finished reading this thread before I responded to Chop, because this would be my exact response.

The spelling bee is bad enough...but the play-by-play??? Someone should be fired over that crapola.

crimsnkentucky said:
I have spoken to some people and the league may still go. We will know more next week. They are waiting on a couple of key investors to sign off on the league. Something happened today that should make it more attractive to the investors.

I hope you're right. We were really looking forward to the league here in Birmingham.

Bo7 said:
crimsnkentucky said:

I hope you're right. We were really looking forward to the league here in Birmingham.

The TV deal has been reached. The delay / pessimism on this came b/c one of the investors didn't get the return he exected on a student loan investment he made and the league was in a bit of a finacial crunch.

The latest from the Team Alabama office spokesman is it looks like training camp will be delayed about a week while they put more $ sources together.

Back
Top Bottom