| FTBL UCLA

reger60 said:
But Kirk Herbstreit says the Pac-10 is the best conference in the nation. How can a team from the Mountain West so dominate a team from the mighty Pac-10?

Did he really? Everytime I've heard Kirk, he's said that without a doubt from top to bottom, the SEC is the toughest. He has said that the Pac-10 can compete with the SEC, though.

And I believe they can as well. Does that mean I think they are stronger? Not at all. But, I am very impressed with USC, Cal, and Oregon. UCLA? Arizona? Arizona State? Not so much...that's something you can't say about the SEC. Even the usual lower tier Vandys, MSU, and now Kentucky (I guess they are no longer a lower tier?) can scare anyone.

Outlaw said:
reger60 said:
But Kirk Herbstreit says the Pac-10 is the best conference in the nation. How can a team from the Mountain West so dominate a team from the mighty Pac-10?

Did he really? Everytime I've heard Kirk, he's said that without a doubt from top to bottom, the SEC is the toughest. He has said that the Pac-10 can compete with the SEC, though.

He is under a mysterious spell, no doubt cast by Brent Musburger. He did it again the other night during the USC/Nebraska game. Going on and on about how great USC is and how tough its road schedule is. I used to like Herbstreit, but since he's been broadcasting with the evil Musburger, he's become one of THEM.

Back
Top Bottom