| FTBL UCF hires Gus Malzahn

UCF has offered Gus Malzahn its head football coaching job, a source confirmed to the Orlando Sentinel Sunday night.

Malzahn, 55, spent the past eight seasons as coach at Auburn, where he led the Tigers to a 68-35 overall record and a 39-27 mark in the SEC. He was fired on Dec. 13 following a 6-4 campaign and a third-place finish in the SEC West.

It’s unclear whether Malzahn will accept the UCF offer. Malzahn was linked to the job as soon as UCF hired athletics director Terry Mohajir, who worked with Malzahn at Arkansas State. 247Sports.com’s Jason Beede was the first to report the offer.

Malzahn would replace Josh Heupel, who left to take over as the Tennessee Volunteers’ head coach on Jan. 27, following former Knights athletics director Danny White.

If I had Gus's money I would pass on that gig. Take a year away and enjoy life.

I have read that any job Gus were to take isn't deducted from his buyout settlement. Perhaps he will take the gig.

Kevin Steele please pickup on line one ....Kevin line one.

Last edited:
If you could match Gus' personality with the personality of a school/fan base, this would be the perfect match. It is a good fit in a lot of other ways too, IMO. That said, I hope they flounder...

so, what happened that created this opinion...
Illegal recruiting?
running up score?
Trash talking bama?
I didnt see any of this!

he is some what obnoxious.... know a bunch wwith those characteristics...
And many arent bad dudes...

Just curious

so, what happened that created this opinion...
Illegal recruiting?
running up score?
Trash talking bama?
I didnt see any of this!

he is some what obnoxious.... know a bunch wwith those characteristics...
And many arent bad dudes...

Just curious

He's an insecure rube who loves to run his mouth and create support and excitement by carnival barking. See also: UCF fans.

As I said, it is a good fit in other ways as well, but this was a personality marriage made in heaven.

I don't recall saying he was a bad dude. I have said he's a bumpkin and a bit of a weirdo.

@50+yeartidefan Gus has blatantly cheated on the field and he's a good guy. I'm still shocked you feel this way.

he has had some unbelievable things happen on field...
But ....
Where has he cheated?
And how?
Certainly outsmarted our coaches by sending punter in wide out positon...brilliant!
caught our ST coach with pants down
Wasnt his fault we missed..XXX many FGs in 2013... smart putting a returner back on long FG...that was dagger ever

."shouldhave hung 60 on'em". Probably would have taken it to

He's an insecure rube who loves to run his mouth and create support and excitement by carnival barking. See also: UCF fans.

As I said, it is a good fit in other ways as well, but this was a personality marriage made in heaven.

I don't recall saying he was a bad dude. I have said he's a bumpkin and a bit of a weirdo.

ok....i just said "he is not a bad guy"..

"Insecure rube". Seems so...
"Runs his mouth." .????
"Wierdo" .... lol...
"Bumpkin..."....seems so
@RollllTide! ....
he be definitely .... "a goober.."... ..no doubt....

@TerryP

Wouldnt surprise me if he said that...( another national championship )......playing to crowd......fire the crowd/fans/media up.......seems to bother many bama fans...( bothers me more with Ohio State claiming part of 61 NC...bothers ND fans we claim part of 73😩). And take a parting shot at Bama and Nick...

i hate all things AU ....except for grandfather who was cheerleader there.....
But...now he ( GM) is gone from there.... i mellow on him .... not on AU

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom