Ubiquiti Wireless Network

Long term I plan to go the full route. Right now I have an Asus Router along with a TPLink switch. The Ubiquiti is wired to that switch. Due to the construction of my house I have to continue running the Wireless on my router as the two Ring doorbells don't connect properly to the Ubiquiti otherwise. Their antenna are way too weak.

I just put it in about a month ago, started with the AP and POE switch. Added the USG and cloud key, not sure what I think about the USG at the moment, I've been playing around with the command line to see what other tweaks I can make. I've read I can do QoS, however there will be a performance hit.

What's interesting, you configure a single wireless and it broadcast in both 2.4GHz and 5GHz.

Does your current SSID have a symbol in it? Ubiquiti Networks Community

No special characters. Mine is letters and spaces only. My Ring problem is that they would connect, but sometimes lose the connection later. It is much more stable when I have the Router WiFi also running. They still lose it at times though and I have to go manually reconnect them. I recently found that locking Wifi to channel 6 is the recommendation if you have this issue adn have made that change so we will see.

Yeah, agree. I'm having a hard time getting my pool controller connected and they pool company (Zodiac) is closed for the holidays. My Nest thermostats would never connect to the Suddenlink gateway.

I cutover to Suddenlink from AT&T a few months ago due to cost/speed differences, 3x the bandwidth and 40% cheaper. But Suddenlink's modem is a blackbox, you can't do anything with it. So I bought a new modem and some new wireless gear, much better now.

Kinda cool....

This past March (2017), we unexpectedly hosted the first and second rounds of the NCAA Basketball Tournament, and the SEC Women's basketball tournament. We were tasked with providing wired and wireless internet access to 1000+ people courtside, backstage, and on the concourse, and used 100% Unifi products to accomplish this. Everything went smooth and we were given many compliments on how great the WiFi was compared to other venues they had been to. I wish I had taken more pictures and gotten more statistics, but I was so busy those weeks and they went by so fast. We are now looking to install even more Unifi products in our arena for guest WiFi access (can't wait to get my hands on some XG-Stadiums I've read about).

Ubiquiti Networks Community

Back
Top Bottom