| FTBL UA Coordinator/coaching changes— Huxtable joins the Atlanta Falcons organization.

I absolutely hope Steele does a great job. Why bring him if you do not think he has it in him? CNS doesn't have a lot of years to waste.

@Brandon Van de Graaff the quesion I have here is why did he want out? Was it all of the fans riding him or something else? If he couldn't handle the fans complaining then he was at the wrong place. Did he think he was cutting it to the Bama standard?

Not going to get any more specific, but reading between the lines, it was best for him and his family, should get you there.

Say what you will, the searches to replace the coordinators and the ones purported to have accepted aren’t a good look for Saban and Bama. Maybe my old mind is a bit forgetful but I don’t recall a time since Saban’s been in Tuscaloosa when so many have turned him down. We fans might look back at some point next season and wonder if Golding and O’Brien weren’t all that bad.

Say what you will, the searches to replace the coordinators and the ones purported to have accepted aren’t a good look for Saban and Bama. Maybe my old mind is a bit forgetful but I don’t recall a time since Saban’s been in Tuscaloosa when so many have turned him down. We fans might look back at some point next season and wonder if Golding and O’Brien weren’t all that bad.
We have no idea who turned him down.

The only problem with that is not "all that bad" is not the bar that's been set.

The only problem with that is not "all that bad" is not the bar that's been set.
Only thing I would say is that I was NOT a fan of some of the other hires CNS has made, more specifically Kiffen but that turned out well until the end. CNS knows what he is doing. It certainly feels a little different this round but the guys he has hired I believe will be successful. Will it be good enough? Time will tell.

Huh?

Where did u get an idea that many ppl turned Saban down? Saban get turned down every year we just don't hear about it.

Coaches talk. Everybody and their brother knew that Saban wanted Pruitt. Pride or whatever reason prevented some guys even being interested knowing they were second choice or may be removed if/when Pruitt became available. Or you can wallow around in the mud/muck created by your imagination or listening to the talking heads that “Saban is finished and nobody wants to work for him”. It’s time to move on…

He kept Auburn's defense in the top 20 every year, at least.
Ok, can we pause here for just a second? It's a bit confusing when you point to where the Auburn defense has been ranked, but, when it was pointed out how Alabama did last season in yards per possession you thought:

Figures lie, and liars figure.

If we were to look at Steele's defense at Auburn (2016-2020) in which area are we going to point? In passing, running, scoring, and total defense Auburn was ranked below Alabama in every category, every season, sans one: rushing defense in 2019.

From my point of view it appears the stance is "when it comes to statistical rankings with Golding, it's a lie." But, with regard to Steele, let's pay attention to statistical rankings?

Given that he hired Kevin Steele, it's an easy assumption to make.
Kevin Steele has a thick skin..Alabama is a tough out.. Just like Auburn probably is…just imagine the venomous things the wives & children of the coaches get from the fan base….Watch Finebaum , read some fan sites or social media…Just imagine the misery of their families in public…

We may find out that Bob and Golding did the best they could with what they had to work with…I still believe the reason they could not succeed was in the strength and conditioning program…The quick twitch program is a failure to certain posistion groups like both lines and middle linebackers…BoB couldn ‘t powe run the ball.. In a 3-4 you must have strong and big lineman and stout middle linbackers…

If Mario Cristebal had a brain, he would roll the dice on Jeremy Pruitt now..
Conversely, since Cristobal has a brain, he doesn't want to put the Miami program in the cross-hairs of the NCAA's enforcement staff. Coincidently, the same reasons we've been discussing with Pruitt and Alabama.

Locks is trying to hire him..
Link or is this coming from a post/message board? Tennessee drug their feet responding in an attempt to further harm Pruitt becatof the potential lawsuit in my opinion. NCAA in turn, drags their feet on a ruling that potentially carries penalties for Pruitt wherever he goes. Until NCAA hands down decision, Pruitt is going to be toxic as a position coach/DC. I may be wrong but an analyst position wouldn’t carry same restrictions.

Link or is this coming from a post/message board? Tennessee drug their feet responding in an attempt to further harm Pruitt becatof the potential lawsuit in my opinion. NCAA in turn, drags their feet on a ruling that potentially carries penalties for Pruitt wherever he goes. Until NCAA hands down decision, Pruitt is going to be toxic as a position coach/DC. I may be wrong but an analyst position wouldn’t carry same restrictions.
Saw it somewhere a few days ago.. can’t seem to locate now..

Back
Top Bottom