| FTBL UA Coordinator/coaching changes— Huxtable joins the Atlanta Falcons organization.

{ADMIN: Split for original thread.}

Hopefully these new hires are hard workers, and each can update the players in their side of the ball.

Nick needs to start jerking a Knott in azzes during the season instead of telling us about the blinking lights he had on the roster while at a Bowl game.

I normally do not like to post anything of SDS's stuff, but the article mentioned something that caught my eye. Whos the other candidate Saban is looking at? Anyone in here know by chance?

I assume they are saying it is just down to those 2, Steele and the other guy, because Saban has spoken with several. Only thing I'd feel confident saying is, the "other guy" is someone like Steele with ties to Saban and experience with his system. If I had to guess, I'd say Derrick Ainsley (who is currently with the Chargers). He was on staff with Pruitt at Tennessee and he's one that I know Saban has at least reached out to (not sure if there was an interview). He'd also slot in neatly as the safeties coach if Saban went that route. Steele makes a lot of sense though. Would give the staff a veteran presence that is needed among other things, and Saban knows what he's getting there. Would also give Steele a chance to get vested in the AL retirement system (probably a couple years away?), which coaches really, really, like.

Yeah, but I don't think we're gonna offer him. Looks like another Grantham situation. I think he's interviewing these guys just in case he can't get the guy(s) he wants. We'll see.

Steele is a much more likely/realistic candidate that Grantham was.

I assume they are saying it is just down to those 2, Steele and the other guy, because Saban has spoken with several. Only thing I'd feel confident saying is, the "other guy" is someone like Steele with ties to Saban and experience with his system. If I had to guess, I'd say Derrick Ainsley (who is currently with the Chargers). He was on staff with Pruitt at Tennessee and he's one that I know Saban has at least reached out to (not sure if there was an interview). He'd also slot in neatly as the safeties coach if Saban went that route. Steele makes a lot of sense though. Would give the staff a veteran presence that is needed among other things, and Saban knows what he's getting there. Would also give Steele a chance to get vested in the AL retirement system (probably a couple years away?), which coaches really, really, like.

I've completely forgotten about Ainsley, he'd be a good hire. Going off that criteria, could the other guy possibly still be Schumann ( Please God)? Haven't heard anything about him in a while, so I assume no. And I would've been for Steele to be hired a few years ago.... but he's seemingly regressed at the end of his tenure at Auburn, and his time at Miami. Could always bounce back, but I wouldn't be confident with this hire apart from his experience as a coach.

I've completely forgotten about Ainsley, he'd be a good hire. Going off that criteria, could the other guy possibly still be Schumann ( Please God)? Haven't heard anything about him in a while, so I assume no. And I would've been for Steele to be hired a few years ago.... but he's seemingly regressed at the end of his tenure at Auburn, and his time at Miami. Could always bounce back, but I wouldn't be confident with this hire apart from his experience as a coach.
Schumann isn’t a candidate. I want Steele on staff like I want another hole in my damn head

If he was a candidate would Steele’s name be brought up?
Fair point. But that doesn't mean Schumann isn't still a candidate. He could be interviewing Steele as backup in case he can't get Schumann, or Pruitt at Alabama. Maybe he ready said no, I believe Brandon told me that Saban had a discussion with him about the job. What was said is unknown. Like I said, it's looking unlikely that he'll come to Alabama right now. But you never know, coaches have said no before to jobs, and then end up taking it.

Just thought something with Ansley. Would he not have trouble coming here because of the NCAA? I havent seen his name come up on any of the reports, but he was on Pruitt's staff while that stuff went down.

I've looked to see if there is any more news on Leonard. So far, nothing. I speculate, entirely, that perhaps maybe he is waiting on the NFL options as DC & will reply back to Saban later?

I just can't help but think CNS is waiting on the Super Bowl to finish before he closes up the search...

Back
Top Bottom