| FTBL UA Coordinator/coaching changes— Huxtable joins the Atlanta Falcons organization.

May be a band aid fix until Pruitt can be cleared. Steele would probably be ok to work another year, pad his state retirement and move way for Pruitt after the :poop: storm with UT is over.

As Josey said, if things are resolved with NCAA bring Pruitt in as an analyst and move him to DC once all that is over with.

May be a band aid fix until Pruitt can be cleared. Steele would probably be ok to work another year, pad his state retirement and move way for Pruitt after the :poop: storm with UT is over.

As Josey said, if things are resolved with NCAA bring Pruitt in as an analyst and move him to DC once all that is over with.
Lot of speculation on Pruitt. We probably need to stop clinging our hopes on Pruitt... and assume the worst...

@Justneedme81

ricky-bobby.gif

Say what you will…but before we ran Golding out of town we should’ve had a man in place or at least on deck…Not to mention some of the stuff spewing about Golding was way to personal..
The idea that it was Pruitt or bust seems it would be odd for Saban, but it sure seems like it was, the idea that Steele could be our DC is astonishing to me

Say what you will…but before we ran Golding out of town we should’ve had a man in place or at least on deck…Not to mention some of the stuff spewing about Golding was way to personal..
So to say getting Kevin Steele would be scrapping at the "bottom of the barrel" would be a little harsh. Scrapping at the bottom of the barrel would be like if Bama hired Ted Roof or Mike Stoops as the DC.

Now would I be pleased with getting Steele? Not really, but Steele is not a bad defensive coordinator. But if we just wanted "good" we could've retained Mr. Golding. I can only speculate, but it seems to me that the gamble Saban wanted to pull off was getting Pruitt back. Maybe he thought he could do it, but time doesn't appear to be on his side... which I think is fucking retarded. After all, we are talking about shit that happened well over two years ago. Is the freaking NCAA doing forensic analysis on dollar bills?

So to say getting Kevin Steele would be scrapping at the "bottom of the barrel" would be a little harsh. Scrapping at the bottom of the barrel would be like if Bama hired Ted Roof or Mike Stoops as the DC.

Now would I be pleased with getting Steele? Not really, but Steele is not a bad defensive coordinator. But if we just wanted "good" we could've retained Mr. Golding. I can only speculate, but it seems to me that the gamble Saban wanted to pull off was getting Pruitt back. Maybe he thought he could do it, but time doesn't appear to be on his side... which I think is fucking retarded. After all, we are talking about shit that happened well over two years ago. Is the freaking NCAA doing forensic analysis on dollar bills?
download (27).jpeg

The NCAA has rarely been expeditious in anything they do. This seemingly "Pruitt or bust" approach seems a bit egotistical to me.

Almost like someone got their feelings hurt on national TV and decided "I'll show him!"

The NCAA has rarely been expeditious in anything they do. This seemingly "Pruitt or bust" approach seems a bit egotistical to me.

Almost like someone got their feelings hurt on national TV and decided "I'll show him!"
I sure would like to think Saban talked to others about the DC position, but does seem like it was Pruitt or bust and now well by golly it’s Steele…..I’ll never be convinced Steele is an upgrade over Golding

I’ll throw in my two cents about Steele and be done with it. I have a close friend (we coached together for several years) that is cousins with Steele. I trust my friends’ word over A LOT of the BS you read. He said that Steele did call and talk to Saban, not Saban calling him. He said that Steele is also a lot like a teenage girl when it comes time for prom. She likes to have 17 guys ask her to the prom so she can say she turned down 16 of them!
Miami may not be his “cup of tea” after all or be what he was hoping it would be. If he didn’t particularly care for the traveling while recruiting then under Saban, would he get a similar area as before? Would he become more of a secondary recruiter like our previous OCs?

I’ll throw in my two cents about Steele and be done with it. I have a close friend (we coached together for several years) that is cousins with Steele. I trust my friends’ word over A LOT of the BS you read. He said that Steele did call and talk to Saban, not Saban calling him. He said that Steele is also a lot like a teenage girl when it comes time for prom. She likes to have 17 guys ask her to the prom so she can say she turned down 16 of them!
Miami may not be his “cup of tea” after all or be what he was hoping it would be. If he didn’t particularly care for the traveling while recruiting then under Saban, would he get a similar area as before? Would he become more of a secondary recruiter like our previous OCs?
Didn't Steele and Saban not end on the best of terms either? I know if Saban really wants him, he probably wouldn't give a shit. But still.

Back
Top Bottom