| OT TV provider dropped CBS; any way to watch the game?

I have Dish, they make an adapter that will pick up local channels OTA that plugs in to the Dish receiver usb from a coaxial on an antenna, the channels show up on the Dish guide as OTA...works great, adapter is around 60 to 80 bucks. My locals are out of Huntsville.

I have Dish, they make an adapter that will pick up local channels OTA that plugs in to the Dish receiver usb from a coaxial on an antenna, the channels show up on the Dish guide as OTA...works great, adapter is around 60 to 80 bucks. My locals are out of Huntsville.
Me too on dish with adapter my OTA reception is so so trying a new antenna this afternoon. Nice to learn about puffer as a back up.

Can get high range HD 1080 from walmart...35$..
Return it after season..lol

i like @XXL TideFan ideas even better
I’m a geek brother. I remembered a Navy class and many instruction modules on antennae and waveform propagation. So I did a search and made one. Used this concept because it uses the same concept as the commercial ones that mount inside your home. Fractal antennae are why you don’t have an external antenna on your cell phone.

The length that the wires are cut are important but do not need to be “dead nuts” perfect. Little research and a bit of time and you have a free antenna without getting corona at Walmart.

Easy Peasy Fractal Antennae

Last edited:
I’m a geek brother. I remembered a Navy class and many instruction modules on antennae and waveform propagation. So I did a search and made one. Used this concept because it uses the same concept as the commercial ones that mount inside your home. Fractal antennae are why you don’t have an external antenna on your cell phone.

The length that the wires are cut are important but do not need to be “dead nuts” perfect. Little research and a bit of time and you have a free antenna without getting corona at Walmart.

Easy Peasy Fractal Antennae

omg. You just @TerryP ed me with terms and words i have no idea what they mean.
"dead nut"
"Fractal antennae "
"Waveform propagation"

if it wasn't so early this morning......my heads spinning

@sk33tr These OTA responses are why I asked where you are located. I'm 30-40 miles from Birmingham with several mountains between transmitters & my house.
I purchased an 8 bay Channel Master (see here: CM-4228HD EXTREMEtenna 80 | Channel Master ) and I never watch a Bama game on CBS through Directv now. I get approximately 35 channels & rarely watch Directv after football season (because of games on ESPN, CBSSports, FS1, Etc...).

And, it doesn't lose signal during storms!
Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom