| OT TV provider dropped CBS; any way to watch the game?

sk33tr

el jefe
So my TV provider dropped CBS. Well, I guess technically the local CBS station was dropped thanks to their parent company, Nexstar, being a big douche and asking for an outlandish amount of money to continue their contract with Dish Network.

So is there any way or where to watch the game this Saturday?

So my TV provider dropped CBS. Well, I guess technically the local CBS station was dropped thanks to their parent company, Nexstar, being a big douche and asking for an outlandish amount of money to continue their contract with Dish Network.

Where are you located?

Depending on location you can try an over the air antenna. You can get an indoor one for like 20 bucks. Would be very clear HD signal if you can pick it up.
I made one out of scrap materials in the shed. I get 48 channels in the Birmingham area all digital. Cable disperses the signal at 1080p. The channel clarity on my 4K is superior with OTA antenna vs cable

I watched the first ten minutes of the Iron Bowl on the CBS App on my phone. Free and no sign up. Depending on your phone and tv, you could then link those up to play your phone on your TV. I have a Samsung S10 and a Samsung TV. Works great.

another solution....
Find a market that isnt blacked out for cbs....
And have your dish network change ur locals to that market..

when we go camping....we change our locals to that market all the time ( if we are gonna be at that location for several days)...especially when we stay in ttown between games..have directv but...should be same
....and one call. ...n done

Used YouTube TV and streamed to the laptop and screen shared to the Roku connected to my TV. I usually stream to the Roku direct but it had more delay for some reason than the laptop. Do not like the delay then all of my great coaching tips I give to the TV do not arrive in time to influence the play :).

In my experience, I cut the cord years ago.

If you have a smart tv, open a browser and go to puffer. Probably the fastest solution. Test it now to see if it works...

Antenna may not happen by Saturday. Super easy to install, but terrain will ultimately decide what you get. In Texas, it was flat and range was awesome. Here in Montana, I'm surrounded by mountains and I've yet to find an antenna that works for me. So I'm without OTA at this point.

I had an active booster setup to help with signal, requires a power outlet for active (passive won't).

Back
Top Bottom