| FTBL Tubs post game

OxfordBamaFan

Verified Member
I have to give it to him, he was gracious and never talks bad about opponents and gives credit. At least in front of a mic he has some class. Did you see how quick he brushed off the "staying at AU" question? I have read he is meeting with the AD Sunday for whatever the reason, I won't speculate and start rumors. I have heard he's not going anywhere due to his change in attitude towards AU so people think A&M backed off but not according to some sites. I do hope he stays, would like to beat him again, and at things could get worse if they get someone better, and at least he does have some class to himself.

OxfordBamaFan said:
I have to give it to him, he was gracious and never talks bad about opponents and gives credit. At least in front of a mic he has some class. Did you see how quick he brushed off the "staying at AU" question? I have read he is meeting with the AD Sunday for whatever the reason, I won't speculate and start rumors. I have heard he's not going anywhere due to his change in attitude towards AU so people think A&M backed off but not according to some sites. I do hope he stays, would like to beat him again, and at things could get worse if they get someone better, and at least he does have some class to himself.

I believe they are meeting on Monday. Tubby said nothing would change and they would do like they normally do which is meet Mon. morning. Tubbs said the only thing changing would be they would meet earlier because the A.D had to fly out of town early in the afternoon.

yeah he's a decent guy. Theres no prob with celebrating I didn't even hold it against him for the 5 fingers. When you win you deserve to celebrate. Had we won, we would have celebrated. Won't go there about which finger to hold up, thats just rude, stick with the index finger when we when. Hopefully, I won't have arthritis by then. :roll:

my bad on the meeting, could have read it wrong. Part of it came from an A&M site where they were wanting to woo him. Amoung others, namely Spurrier, Peterson, Rodriguez and someone else forgot the name. Just talked about Tubs the most.

OxfordBamaFan said:

Maybe it's just me, but I thought he had a smirk a mile wide on his face that spoke volumes without having to utter a word. And, I suppose he's earned the right to smirk or whatever else he wants to do. He's whipped up 6 in a row. The best way to wipe the smirk off his face is to whip him. And, we just don't seem to be able to do it.

As for leaving AU, it seems that now is the perfect time. He can leave with an overwhelming record againtst the "mighty" Tide, and that is pretty impressive on the resume.

I for one would not be sorry to see him go. Whatever else he is, he's apparently got our number.

:cry:

Oh well. We'll get 'em next year.

We'd smirk too. I WANT TO BEAT HIM! Bet his farts don't stink down there right now. I wanted to see my wife come home from the game sad and mad. Now I have to wait 365 days to try again. I want him there so no excuses when shes mad.

OxfordBamaFan said:
my bad on the meeting, could have read it wrong. Part of it came from an A&M site where they were wanting to woo him. Amoung others, namely Spurrier, Peterson, Rodriguez and someone else forgot the name. Just talked about Tubs the most.

Yeah its there normal meeting time but i think this Mondays meeting will be a little different. I think there will be some $$$$$ and some added years mentioned in this one

BAMA-FREAK said:
OxfordBamaFan said:

Yeah its there normal meeting time but i think this Mondays meeting will be a little different. I think there will be some $$$$$ and some added years mentioned in this one

TAM Alum may not have championships, but they've sure got a lot of money. If they offered him more than Saban is getting, no doubt he'd jump.

But, what are the odds?

AFF said:
BAMA-FREAK said:
OxfordBamaFan said:

TAM Alum may not have championships, but they've sure got a lot of money. If they offered him more than Saban is getting, no doubt he'd jump.

But, what are the odds?

No doubt he jump imo but i hope he stays.

BAMA-FREAK said:
AFF said:
BAMA-FREAK said:
OxfordBamaFan said:

But, what are the odds?

No doubt he jump imo but i hope he stays.

I just want what's best for us - and that is to win. And lately, Tubs has not been too good for us.

Yeah, if they offered a truck load its a big decision.

1. Stay at AU (great talent and built already) with great job security as long as he beats us, but having to recruit against a building AL which could hurt chances later of leaving if it hurts his record.

2. Leave on top in 2 pine boxes (one filled with money) and try to rebuild a hurting program at a place he's always wanted to be.

The wifes cousins is a senior at the barn and at Thanksgiving he was saying lots of students were for him leaving. Not sure how wide the student base that covers, and I'm SURE tonight changed most of their minds. At least the ones that saw the game and weren't grazing in the fields.

OxfordBamaFan said:
Yeah, if they offered a truck load its a big decision.

1. Stay at AU (great talent and built already) with great job security as long as he beats us, but having to recruit against a building AL which could hurt chances later of leaving if it hurts his record.

2. Leave on top in 2 pine boxes (one filled with money) and try to rebuild a hurting program at a place he's always wanted to be.

The wifes cousins is a senior at the barn and at Thanksgiving he was saying lots of students were for him leaving. Not sure how wide the student base that covers, and I'm SURE tonight changed most of their minds. At least the ones that saw the game and weren't grazing in the fields.

I think he's opt for #2 if given the opportunity. I doubt if he wants to sit back and rest on his laurels at Auburn. However, I could be mistaken...

Back
Top Bottom