| FTBL Tuberville to Clemson?

Hmmm...interesting. If I were a Clemson fan, I wouldn't be happy with that scenario. I still think they should give Bobby Johnson a shot...

Tider27 said:
Hmmm...interesting. If I were a Clemson fan, I wouldn't be happy with that scenario. I still think they should give Bobby Johnson a shot...

I would. Say what you want but I think Tubberville is not a bad coach. I don't like him. Let's be clear. But he is a good coach and would be a good fit at Clemson.

CrimsonSurfer said:
Scott McKinney on Southern Sports Tonight just said there is a deal in the works to send Tommy Tuberville to Clemson and bring Will Muschamp to Auburn.

I'm not "calling you out" on this reply, but merely using a post of yours about Scott McKinney as an example.

CrimsonSurfer said:
Scott McKinney just reported on his radio show Southern Sports Tonight, that Norm Chow is in Tuscaloosa today meeting with Saban.

That's from January of this year. That wasn't the truth. It was from this thread

I'd like to see an example if someone has the time to find one where he's been right about coaching decisions and future hires.

The problem with this statement is easily identified, for what it's worth. It's the thought of Muschamp to Auburn...Will doesn't want to have a thing to do with that program. Period.

PERIOD.

I could see him doing well there... Far inferior competition in the ACC and he is a good coach. Talent is also already there so he wouldn't have to do a lot of recruiting to get talent in place.

And he could still wear his orange sweater vests.
snicker.gif

CrimsonSurfer said:
Scott McKinney on Southern Sports Tonight just said there is a deal in the works to send Tommy Tuberville to Clemson and bring Will Muschamp to Auburn.

I don't take Finebaum for gospel but in this case I do agree with him, in that he just doesn't see it. For me, it's not so much Tubberville, because I think he'd probably jump at the chance to coach there (to get out of Lowderville), but it's Muschamp. I mean, didn't Muschamp basically leave Auburn in a huff last year? Why would he go back if he got himself out of there in the first place?

porkchop said:
CrimsonSurfer said:

I don't take Finebaum for gospel but in this case I do agree with him, in that he just doesn't see it. For me, it's not so much Tubberville, because I think he'd probably jump at the chance to coach there (to get out of Lowderville), but it's Muschamp. I mean, didn't Muschamp basically leave Auburn in a huff last year? Why would he go back if he got himself out of there in the first place?

That's exactly what I was referring to in my earlier comment.

Their current Ath. Dir. attempted to pull one on Muschamp with his contract extension/renegotiation when he had talked to Texas. With Jay still the figure head of that Athletic Department there is no way that Will considers working under a guy that tried to screw him on a contract just under a year ago.

TerryP said:
porkchop said:
CrimsonSurfer said:

Their current Ath. Dir. attempted to pull one on Muschamp with his contract extension/renegotiation when he had talked to Texas. With Jay still the figure head of that Athletic Department there is no way that Will considers working under a guy that tried to screw him on a contract just under a year ago.

;w;w

By the way, and you can chalk this up to the FWIW department, I talked to the Clemson beat writer for one of our papers about this in detail a few weeks ago.

This all started, Tubs to Clemson, back a few weeks ago on a talk show with Barnhart and Brando when they were speculating on what might happen at Clemson. They made the comment "you might see Tuberville at Clemson" but it was nothing more that one of those speculations you see all of the sports guy make during conversations.

There wasn't anything behind the thought, there wasn't any news backing the story up, it was just a "might" that falls into the same category as the "what if's" you see everyday.

FWIW, that same beat writer has taken a job with one of the premium web sites dedicated to Clemson now...and, he got that job because of the contacts he developed in and around that program.

Ol' Scott doesn't fall into the same league.

TerryP said:
By the way, and you can chalk this up to the FWIW department, I talked to the Clemson beat writer for one of our papers about this in detail a few weeks ago.

This all started, Tubs to Clemson, back a few weeks ago on a talk show with Barnhart and Brando when they were speculating on what might happen at Clemson. They made the comment "you might see Tuberville at Clemson" but it was nothing more that one of those speculations you see all of the sports guy make during conversations.

There wasn't anything behind the thought, there wasn't any news backing the story up, it was just a "might" that falls into the same category as the "what if's" you see everyday.

FWIW, that same beat writer has taken a job with one of the premium web sites dedicated to Clemson now...and, he got that job because of the contacts he developed in and around that program.

Ol' Scott doesn't fall into the same league.

Buck Belue and John Kincaid said the same thing about Tubby yesterday on their show, so that means it probably won't happen. They're so clueless.

Swamptick said:
Tider27 said:

I would. Say what you want but I think Tubberville is not a bad coach. I don't like him. Let's be clear. But he is a good coach and would be a good fit at Clemson.

Oh I agree, Tubby knows how to coach. I will say that there was one thing that made him look even better though. He knew how to hire the best assistants, but when he finally failed at that...it's put him on the hot seat for his job. I just think Bobby Johnson would be a better fit, mainly because he's a Clemson guy.

rammajamma said:
Why in the heck would they trade Tommy Bowden from Tommy Tuberville? Thats like swapping a Pinto for a Chevette.

Given the competition in the ACC, Tubbs would be a Ferrari. It is lightyears behind what he faces in the SEC. He would win more than one title in ten years.

TerryP said:
porkchop said:
CrimsonSurfer said:

I thought it had to do with his relationship with Tubby. I could see him getting over the whole contract stuff for a major SEC job, but that might just be me.

Big_Fan said:
rammajamma said:
Why in the heck would they trade Tommy Bowden from Tommy Tuberville? Thats like swapping a Pinto for a Chevette.

Given the competition in the ACC, Tubbs would be a Ferrari. It is lightyears behind what he faces in the SEC. He would win more than one title in ten years.

He would be in their weaker division, as of today. But, that road will end up going through North Carolina and Georgia Tech very soon...and that is assuming, which I doubt, that Miami and FSU are going to remain down.

CrimsonSurfer said:

Later in the show Scott claimed to have received this information from a source inside Jimmy Sexton's operation. Scott says Sexton is the agent for both Tuberville and Muschamp. It could be Sexton leaking rumors in an attempt to get raises for his clients.

tubs (I do not capitalize his name on purpose) can not hack it as an SEC coach. He is better suited as an ACC coach. He'll fit right in. I think those guys like the whole "holding hands/arms when walking out" crap, which, by the way, everyone on this planet sees right through. Good luck, tubs! Take your buddies with ya, too.

gumboman said:
tubs (I do not capitalize his name on purpose) can not hack it as an SEC coach. He is better suited as an ACC coach. He'll fit right in. I think those guys like the whole "holding hands/arms when walking out" crap, which, by the way, everyone on this planet sees right through. Good luck, tubs! Take your buddies with ya, too.

You may not like him, and you can point to his record this year as having a hard time, but you can't say "he can't hack it in the SEC" based on his record in the SEC. There's nothing to support that...in fact, evidence with W's and L's disproves the notion.

The guy is a good coach despite this year's comedy of errors.

Back
Top Bottom