| FTBL Tuberville to Clemson?

TerryP said:
You may not like him, and you can point to his record this year as having a hard time, but you can't say "he can't hack it in the SEC" based on his record in the SEC. There's nothing to support that...in fact, evidence with W's and L's disproves the notion.

The guy is a good coach despite this year's comedy of errors.

Not sure if it is referenced anywhere else here today, but check out Finebaum's commentary today.

A pretty good indictment of Tuberville - using facts and not personal attacks. A most excellently written piece.

Pretty much eviserates the idea that Tuberville has led Auburn to great season after great season by using his W-L record in stead of mere opinion.

Now, unstated in the piece is if the actual record by Tuberville is in fact what Auburn should consider as great for them.

TerryP said:
gumboman said:
tubs (I do not capitalize his name on purpose) can not hack it as an SEC coach. He is better suited as an ACC coach. He'll fit right in. I think those guys like the whole "holding hands/arms when walking out" crap, which, by the way, everyone on this planet sees right through. Good luck, tubs! Take your buddies with ya, too.

You may not like him, and you can point to his record this year as having a hard time, but you can't say "he can't hack it in the SEC" based on his record in the SEC. There's nothing to support that...in fact, evidence with W's and L's disproves the notion.

Took the words right out of my fingers.

Wingnut is a good coach that has let his loyalty stretch to his assistants further than his program. I once worked for a coach that told me that 10 years at one school is a pretty good run and that after that you get under the microscope underneath a higher power. I expect him to leave at the end of the year, maybe sit out a year and then get in at another school. He could go in and do well at Clemson if that was indeed true.

alagator said:
TerryP said:

Not sure if it is referenced anywhere else here today, but check out Finebaum's commentary today.

A pretty good indictment of Tuberville - using facts and not personal attacks. A most excellently written piece.

Pretty much eviserates the idea that Tuberville has led Auburn to great season after great season by using his W-L record in stead of mere opinion.

Now, unstated in the piece is if the actual record by Tuberville is in fact what Auburn should consider as great for them.

That isn't a bad read.

It all falls back to expectations, I guess. Since Tubs left OM for AU, I've always looked at him as being a guy that'll have his 4-5 loss seasons. At the same time, I've looked at him as a guy who'll have his team competing for the West and a trip to ATL. In my opinion, that's a good coach.

AU fans don't like for this to be brought up again, but it's easy to look at the last few years and see what is happening down there. After 2004, Tubs put it on "cruise control."

Since that time, his teams haven't been great. They haven't been the kind of teams you look at and see as "SEC Title type football teams."

When his time is done, and there certainly seems to be more and more things pointing to that being sooner than later, I think we'll all consider him a good coach.

A SEC Championship kind of coach? Even with the title in 2004 I can't say I would put him in that category considering all that season entailed.

Unless I'm mistaken, and it's still probably several years off, Muschamp is in line to inherit the Head Coach job at Texas. I know that Mack Brown will be kicking it for a little bit longer, but he will keep Muschamp at all costs. I can tell you that of all the assistants Saban had, I think he has the most potential to be a great coach. He has a great defensive mind schooled under Saban, and an unreal intensity that fires up everyone on the sideline and in the stadium. I hope that he stays in the Big 12.

Kevin4Bama said:
And he could still wear his orange sweater vests.
snicker.gif

Let's just tear off his damn thumb before he leaves! :D Fear This beeyoche! ^^UGLY

Big_Fan said:
Given the competition in the ACC, Tubbs would be a Ferrari. It is lightyears behind what he faces in the SEC. He would win more than one title in ten years.

Bobby Johnson is just as fed up with Clemson as Muschamp is with Auburn. He was hung out to dry by them before. Coach Johnson was approached and told he was first in line for Clemson over a decade ago. Then the phone stopped ringing. Next he heard through a radio show that Tommy Bowden had been hired. He never got a phone call to explain, no apologies, nothing. He will never, ever coach at Clemson.

Back
Top Bottom