| FTBL Tubby on the Spread

tidenumber1

Verified Member
"I love this offense. It's going to be great. I'm glad we've gone to it. It's going to give us some options. We're 4-1 and played a very tough schedule to this point and we hadn't hardly seen anything from this offense. Once we get going it's going to be much better. There's no panic mode.

"One day we'll have the talent that we can say, 'Well, we'll run 100 percent of what Tony likes to run.' Right now, we don't have that talent in some areas.

"We don't run Tony Franklin's spread offense. This is Auburn's offense. It's like our defense. We're going to run what works and what we're going to match up better with the other team. Everybody has to do that. You can't put a square peg in a round hole. Why would you do that?

"I'm here to win games. I'm not here to win friends and run for public office. Our players understand that. You get in these battles in these games we're in, you better go in with some confidence, not just with your coaches', but your players' confidence that it's going to work."

http://blog.al.com/auburnbeat/2008/09/tuberville_this_is_auburn_offe.html

"...Once we get going it's going to be much better....One day we'll have the talent that we can say, 'Well, we'll run 100 percent of what Tony likes to run.' Right now, we don't have that talent in some areas."

Short of bringing in additional players during this season, doesn't his statements seem to say that this is as good as it will get this year?

Short of a huge Offensive All-Star recruiting class, "the solution" may not be in place next season...and we have seen their commitment list thus far. :lol:

So did he not foresee this weakness coming, or did he not think that a better OC than Franklin could be found?

I keep hearing, well we just don't have the talent. Isn't this something you would look at before you implement a new offense? Just seems to me that I would stick with what worked, until I had built up the personnel alittle more, but as a BAMA fan, I'm awfully glad their offense is working out so well for them.

Have you guys noticed .................

that while the Barn is giving the excuse for the spread not working is because they don't have the type of athlete needed to run that offense, while over in ATL, GA Tech is running a triple option attack that Johnson brought with him from Navy and he's running it with recruits that were recruited for the pro style game. Winners adjust while LOSERS like the Barn make excuses.

Back
Top Bottom