| FTBL Tua Tagovailoa ‘not too sure’ on whether he will enter NFL Draft- Tidesports

Yeah guaranteed top 10-15 picks make mind blowing money ...which is why I wouldn't blame jeudy or Ruggs for sitting out the bowl. Glad that tua addressed that issue and would support any of them that may opt for that.

The contract values drops significantly between #1 of $35m and #15 of $15m. He stands to lose significant money, but the better teams are in the cheap seats ;)

True but 15 million is still 15 million. I definitely wouldn't advise him to turn it or any first round money down in a risk to get more a year later. Even if he's a bust and doesn't see a second contract that kind of money can feed a family for life and, if played and managed right, feed the next several generations. If you have a first round draft grade, unless your family is already completely financially stable, you need to go get that money.

Like someone said earlier in the thread, any team talking down on Tua is simply hopelessly trying to get him for cheap in his first contract. There is absolutely no way he falls out of the first round. I would be absolutely shocked if he wasn't one of the first 10 picks, unless his recovery outlook takes a huge nosedive between and April.

Selfishly I would love for Tua to return but he should go. He's already a BAMA legend, a CFB legend even. Screw a Heisman and records and a possible additional ring. Go get that money.

True but 15 million is still 15 million. I definitely wouldn't advise him to turn it or any first round money down in a risk to get more a year later. Even if he's a bust and doesn't see a second contract that kind of money can feed a family for life and, if played and managed right, feed the next several generations. If you have a first round draft grade, unless your family is already completely financially stable, you need to go get that money.

Like someone said earlier in the thread, any team talking down on Tua is simply hopelessly trying to get him for cheap in his first contract. There is absolutely no way he falls out of the first round. I would be absolutely shocked if he wasn't one of the first 10 picks, unless his recovery outlook takes a huge nosedive between and April.

Selfishly I would love for Tua to return but he should go. He's already a BAMA legend, a CFB legend even. Screw a Heisman and records and a possible additional ring. Go get that money.

Great points. From the handful of mocks & boards I looked at, he doesn't fall below 10.

Even if teams are worried about his injury in terms of next year - A red shirt is very sell-able to the fan base. A top 10 draft team was shitty this year... So draft your QB & let him get healthy and learn, be shitty again and draft your stud WR/LT/OLB or whatever in the next draft.

Tua will probably not make a decision until close to the deadline. The biggest thing for his draft stock will be knowing if he will be able to workout for teams at any point prior to the draft. If he can then he goes first round easy. I really, really believe the Dolphins will take him with their first pick. They can stand to let him be backup for a year (or just part of it) as they rebuild the team around him. Fitzpatrick is signed through next season only and then they can decide what to do at that point.

Personally, I would prefer he go to a team that is almost there instead of the Dolphins but it is what it is.

2020. I don't think anyone will draft him if he is not able to stand and throw before the draft. I don't expect him to do a full workout but he will have to show he is progressing.
It's hard to see him being able to show much of anything when we look at his projected timeline. He's been told three months before beginning light throwing routines and that leaves no time to shake off any "rust." If he's able to handle the lighter drills (let's say March) he's still looking at another three months before getting into a full workout.

Does an NFL team roll the dice and hope for the best? That's pretty much what we're left with here when we look at the decisions they'll make.

I suppose we could look in draft history and find crazier decisions that have been made.

(Just as something to chew on ... if Tua doesn't have the full rotation/movement following his surgery he'll be looking at redeveloping his throwing mechanics, right? To me, that's not a move you want to be in the midst of when teams are evaluating you at the position.)

For Tua I would based on what he has shown in College.
And what if the ability to have rotation in that hip is severely compromised? While we know what the doctors are saying we don't know how he'll recover. It's the unknown in the room and something I'd shy away from with a top pick in the draft.

In 2018 the NCAA reported 1.6% of NCAA football players make it to "Major Pro." Probabilities is what I'm looking at here. A small number of players who might make it compounded by a draft choice of a player who may not be able to make it physically.

Back
Top Bottom