| PRO Troy Aikman and Joe Buck have signed multiyear agreements to become ESPN's new Monday Night Football broadcast team,

A Hall of Famer is headed to Monday night and his longtime play-by-play partner is, as well.

After two decades commentating together, Troy Aikman and Joe Buck have signed multiyear agreements to become ESPN's new Monday Night Football broadcast team, ESPN announced on Wednesday.

Aikman spent the last 22 years with FOX as an analyst, while Buck has called NFL games for the last 28 seasons. The 2022 NFL season will be Buck and Aikman's 21st together.

"The opportunity to be a voice on Monday Night Football, adding to its legacy and being a part of the future of the NFL on ESPN, has me motivated and reflective," Aikman said in an ESPN press release. "As a kid in California, the voices of Frank Gifford, Howard Cosell, and my mom's personal favorite, Don Meredith, echoed throughout our living room each week. Joe and I are humbled to be part of that same tradition that has existed for more than 50 years across generations of football fans. I am looking forward to the next several years with ESPN and all our new teammates."

Earlier today I read they were entering their 21st year in the booth together. That ties Summerall and Madden.

To me this has the makings of the best crew MNF has had in years. Who's that third person on the sidelines?

Back
Top Bottom