| FTBL Transfer Portal Entrants And News—

CWf_LCNU4AE967c.jpg

With the QB competition ongoing and apparently running close I'm beginning to think Bama may have both Milroe and Simpson this fall.
But the question is have they progressed to the point where coaches feel good about both of them? I don't see them going after a QB in transfer portal unless a real good one is interested in Bama.

Fc7CKqSXoAAWEfc.jpg
I never understood why he came to Bama in first place.

Probably the same reason all these other guys who will hit the portal have...Since middle school, so many adults in their lives have told them they're superstars. They come to Bama thinking that since other freshmen have found significant playing time that they will do the same. After all, they're the best players ever at their position. When that bubble pops, it's time to move on somewhere else that will give them a chance at the league. They indeed are part of the 1.5 %...

odds-of-making-it-in-the-nfl-600.jpg

But the question is have they progressed to the point where coaches feel good about both of them? I don't see them going after a QB in transfer portal unless a real good one is interested in Bama.

Some guys come so they can get the fundamentals and mentality they need to succeed elsewhere. Kinda like coaches in the Sabana rehab clinic. They want to see what it takes to be the best, some like Alvin Kamara and a few others can go and be that elsewhere while applying what they learned. Most, tend to fall off or just realize they don't have the talent to make it to the NFL.

We don't only play four and five stars. These kids need to believe in themselves and they can come in and earn a spot like everyone else. You want that confidence in a recruit and if we offered him Saban felt he had a chance as well. Sometimes looking back it doesn't look like the best decision, but it was his decision and he made it. Not like he got nothing out of the deal.

Probably the same reason all these other guys who will hit the portal have...Since middle school, so many adults in their lives have told them they're superstars. They come to Bama thinking that since other freshmen have found significant playing time that they will do the same. After all, they're the best players ever at their position. When that bubble pops, it's time to move on somewhere else that will give them a chance at the league. They indeed are part of the 1.5 %...

odds-of-making-it-in-the-nfl-600.jpg

Can you send me a link to where you got this? I'd like to put it up in our school. Thanks!

I saw it somewhere and posted in on fb a few years ago. Because it was posted so long ago and there are a jillion photographs to wade through, I just went to Google Images and typed in chances of playing in the nfl. The pic popped up immediately.

Back
Top Bottom