| FTBL Top 10 Toughest Coaching Jobs in Sports

Oz said:
This all makes bama naturally a very hard job....Oh yeah and the hardest thing about the Bama job is you have to play Auburn :D

You know, you young fellas should really thank us. If we hadn't gone on probation so ya'll could win a few, you wouldn't have anything to beat your chests about. :wink: :D

BTW Let me know if the Yanks pull off getting Martin to coach. :D

2mcbtvs.gif

JohnDeere said:
Bama Bo said:
As for "The Brick", I don't have any sure inside info, but from what I understand, the brick incident never happened. It was as story fabricated by Curry to gain sympathy.

He came on the Bill Curry Show the Sunday after the Auburn game, single shot of him (no host), he delivered a prepared statement. Basically saying the brick through the window was the last straw and he was leaving.

Who did he need sympathy from?

Revisionist history.
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=196144
Hey, no self-respecting Alabama man can put up with a loss to Mississippi, especially on homecoming weekend. Bill Curry -- the coach in the barrel when the brick crashed through his office window nearly 20 years ago -- was lucky he didn't get worse.

"Strange things happen to coaches everywhere," Curry says. "That was the least of it at Alabama, I can assure you."

Which is why the brick itself was no big thing.

JohnDeere said:
Bama Bo said:
As for "The Brick", I don't have any sure inside info, but from what I understand, the brick incident never happened. It was as story fabricated by Curry to gain sympathy.

He came on the Bill Curry Show the Sunday after the Auburn game, single shot of him (no host), he delivered a prepared statement. Basically saying the brick through the window was the last straw and he was leaving.

Great memory for someone who is 28(Seeing as that was 20 years ago or so)....mind posting the link if you copy of that show, I would really like to see it?...... :roll:

Kc Bleeds Crimson said:
JohnDeere said:
Bama Bo said:

Great memory for someone who is 28(Seeing as that was 20 years ago or so)....mind posting the link if you copy of that show, I would really like to see it?...... :roll:

Yeah, really. I'm 32 and I don't remember that.

Ahhh, my two favorite teams are right up top. Of course Alabama is much more my love than the Yankees though.

Just a crazy thought I had....at some point don't you think Bill Curry might just want to say "no comment". :shock: How long is this going to continue on? How many years do we have to hear about this?

This is a grown adult that continues to bring this up. And was there any need in saying the kids were at risk? Now c'mon Mr. Curry, I've met you and talked to you. You talked to me about the class of Alabama and the great people you met from there. Risk to your kids? That's a new one.... :roll: .

BamaDelta said:
Ahhh, my two favorite teams are right up top. Of course Alabama is much more my love than the Yankees though.

Just a crazy thought I had....at some point don't you think Bill Curry might just want to say "no comment". :shock: How long is this going to continue on? How many years do we have to hear about this?

This is a grown adult that continues to bring this up. And was there any need in saying the kids were at risk? Now c'mon Mr. Curry, I've met you and talked to you. You talked to me about the class of Alabama and the great people you met from there. Risk to your kids? That's a new one.... :roll: .

If they ever cast for this role again, perhaps Mr. Curry should audition???

175px-Twofacetommyljones.jpg

bamafan4ever said:
Oz said:
It Takes Eleven said:
Oz said:
I agree Bama is naturally a hard job but the bama nation does not make this job any easier.

What makes it "naturally" a hard job, Oz?

well it's in the SEC so you're going to lose some games, you guys claim 12 national titles which makes the job resemble mount Everest, and every single coach has to stand in Bryant's shadow.

It's a lot like whats happening in New York right now. No matter if it's Larussa, Mattingly, or Billy Martin himself that takes over for Torre they will be standing in a great coaches shadow and everything they do, great or bad, will be measured to what Torre did.

This all makes bama naturally a very hard job....Oh yeah and the hardest thing about the Bama job is you have to play Auburn :D

Bad analogy with regard to Torre. We didn't run our "great coach" off like George Steinbrener.

Torre isnt gone yet. :)

But...will probably be

RollinInPcola said:
bamafan4ever said:
Oz said:
It Takes Eleven said:
Oz said:
I agree Bama is naturally a hard job but the bama nation does not make this job any easier.

What makes it "naturally" a hard job, Oz?

well it's in the SEC so you're going to lose some games, you guys claim 12 national titles which makes the job resemble mount Everest, and every single coach has to stand in Bryant's shadow.

It's a lot like whats happening in New York right now. No matter if it's Larussa, Mattingly, or Billy Martin himself that takes over for Torre they will be standing in a great coaches shadow and everything they do, great or bad, will be measured to what Torre did.

Bad analogy with regard to Torre. We didn't run our "great coach" off like George Steinbrener.

Torre isnt gone yet. :)

But...will probably be
He has just turned down a 1 year contract

I find it quite funny that some Auburn fans get their little panties in a wad and whine and moan because we claim 12 National Championships when they claim a National Title from an Auburn fan from Opelika, and of which their coach came out and proclaimed his team the 2004 National Champions.

“Who knows, I think we have the best team in the country,” Tuberville says. “This peoples polls will give us an opportunity to say we were national champs. It means a lot to us and we look forward to having a trophy and putting our name on a ring saying we are 2004 national champs.”

Oz said:
porkchop said:
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7316552?MSNHPHCP&GT1=10539
Guess where we rank. :)
You're proud of this?

Has nothing to do with being proud. It has everything to do with the fact that the article only points out negative aspects of the school/fan-base. (Curry thing is just dumb)

Yes we are fanatical to a degree, especially the fun folks who throw bricks, but there's *absolutely* nothing wrong with wanting your Team to win.

Read Warren St. Johns "Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer". If you don't have passion for your Team, regardless if it's Pro sport, Football/Baseball, or College, then what's the point of being a fan? You should take pride in your Team. So yeah others can poke fingers, make fun, write lovely articles like that depicting wrong aspects of our fanbase, but in the end it's how you bleed. :wink:

It just so happens this is a college state and the Crimson Tide was/is and always will be the State Jewel. Doesn't matter how much the school down the road accomplishes, they'll always play second fiddle. But hey, that's why there's the rivalry here. And the best one I might add. Who else can claim this? 8)

Oz said:

Maybe that's why those five fingers you proundly display in your sig are wins over a struggling program and not championships.

Maybe if you all expected more you'd accomplish more. 50 years is a long, long time. Odds are not good that you'll see one in your lifetime.

rammajamma said:
How many coaches has LSU had in the past 25 years?
Interesting thought. If '82 is the year we're using, LSU has had 7...although Stovall had been hired in '80 (fired in '83).

The rest of the SEC?

Auburn - 4
Arkansas - 6
Florida - 7
Georgia - 4
Kentucky - 5
Ole Miss - 5
Miss St. - 4
S. Carolina - 5
Tennessee - 2
Vandy - 6

Yeah...I can see where Bama's such an anomaly when it comes to running off coaches. :?

rammajamma said:
Oz said:
porkchop said:
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7316552?MSNHPHCP&GT1=10539

Guess where we rank. :)
You're proud of this?

I think we should really play off on this stuff. We could nickname BDS the Crazy House and we could come to all the games in straight jackets.

Ok, rammajamma, slowly lay down that crack pipe and step away from the computer! :wink: :wink: :lol:

Bill is a Bozo. Saying that he feared for his kid's safety. I went to school with Bill's son, PUBLIC SCHOOL "on the bad side of town", if Tuscaloosa has one. and its not like they did not have the gated-private school or home schooling options.

Oz said:
You're proud of this?

The New York Yankees of Baseball;
"America's Team" the Dallas Cowboys of the NFL;
The Kentucky Wildcats of College Basketball;
and Auburn wouldn't want to be in this company? THAT is the difference between being Alabama and a team that people outside the south don't know what state the school is located within.

Expect excellence. Be held accountable for one's actions. Reap the benefits of achieving one's lofty goal. These are foreign concepts in your life?

Wiseace615 said:
Oz said:

You know, you young fellas should really thank us. If we hadn't gone on probation so ya'll could win a few, you wouldn't have anything to beat your chests about. :wink: :D

2mcbtvs.gif

I am part of the wrong fanbase.

LBS said:
Oz said:
You're proud of this?

and Auburn wouldn't want to be in this company? THAT is the difference between being Alabama and a team that people outside the south don't know what state the school is located within.

Expect excellence. Be held accountable for one's actions. Reap the benefits of achieving one's lofty goal. These are foreign concepts in your life?
Justly firing coaches, expecting national titles, throwing bricks, having one of the best fanbases in the game and being proud of all of these things.....yep this is something I may not be used to because I am a gay Barner.

I love the fact that my girlfriend is Barner too which only makes sense because we do have the saqme mother.

I am sorry for my rude behavior!

Roll Tide!!!

Oz said:
Wiseace615 said:
Oz said:

2mcbtvs.gif

Yeah because everyone knows that the Iron Bowl's overall record resembled that of a OU baylor series unitil those 5 years :roll:

You're part of the wrong fanbase to be bringing up dead coaches.

Your words are hollow. We are VERY happy with the Coach we have now. Plus....some coaches never die. I wish I could explain it to you but you would never understand.

Maybe one day...just maybe you will be part of a program that can get something done on a national scale. Don't be so proud of taking advantage of the Tide for the last few years...we had no scholy athletes.

Pathetic.

Oz said:
LBS said:
Oz said:
You're proud of this?

Unjustly firing coaches, expecting national titles with probation teams, throwing bricks, having one of the most irrational fanbases in the game, calling assistant coaches in the middle of the night and being proud of all of these things.....yep this is something I may not be used to.

Who was unjustly fired? Can you name them? No. Because we only fired two losers and one adulterer. I am sure the Barn would be ok with Mike Price since your standards are so different than ours.

Shula. Not a winner. Fired. Justified.
Dubose. Not a winner. Fired. Justified.
Price. Not a good person. Fired. Justified.

What about the others? Do you think we fired Perkins?
WRONG.

Do you think we fired Curry? WRONG. And don't bring up the brick again. There are worse things that have happened in AU and you take the brick thing out of context.

Do you think we fired Fran? Wrong?

You need to do your research before you act like you know what you are talking about. Not that I really expected you to. :D

Back
Top Bottom