| FTBL To those of you that sell your tickets to rival fans....

G

(be warned, even after 18 hrs. I won't hold back)

you make me sick! And if you don't understand that... I am sick of you! :x

I come to MY stadium to hopefully enjoy my 1st game of the year. I'm sitting behind the Bama bench, and I'm so fortunate to have several Georgia fans joining me. How special.

My section isn't big bucks but 10-15 rows up is $1300 a seat plus ticket price. This is the 2nd most expensive section in the stadium and guess who had the pleasure of sitting there last night? Several dawg fans. :x

I'm sorry. I know I'm taking this too personal and being too emotional, but I am SICK of this. I'm so mad at the people on my row. I don't care if these friends were good friends...they're not my friends, and I was the one that had to put up with them. :x Not to mention every time GA did anything this lady's bracelet was clanging to the point of me almost telling this lady to "lose the bracelet or else". :x

I am a reasonable adult who admittedly gets way too "into" the game, but I'm telling you I've HAD it.

There is a freakin' waiting list a mile long of Alabama fans that are desperate for tickets (imagine that?!), yet we've got rival fans (mostly for the big games) that end up in those seats. I fully expect the same for the UT and LSU games (sadly). :?

I don't know how to solve the problem. I guess you can't. Just like Saban is trying to put up a fence around the state for recruiting we should do the same with our tickets. I just wish the ones that don't care or the ones that are only there to make money by selling them would move on somewhere else....WE DON'T WANT YOU!!!!! :x

Amen Delta. Folks who sell their season tickets to rivals should be warned once. If it happens again, they should be removed from Tide Pride, and sent to the back of the line.

It's called EBAY. I was looking on there for a couple of games and there were plenty of tickets in all sections of the stadium, and they all go to the highest bidder. I agree it would be nice to keep rival fans from sitting around you in a home game, but thank the internet auctions that have become convenient and popular with a guaranteed sale.

i agree as well, i was surrounded by Garogia fans last night but I am just glad I had my lemonade and scared them away. I actually heard a few say is everyone that rowdy in alabama :shock:

DON't sell tickets to other team fans, make them stay at home :twisted:

Its mainly the number of ticket brokers that buy Tide Pride tickets and then flood the market on ebay, stub hub and all the other ticket outlets. Ticketless fans for home and visitors eat them up, causing the prices to go up since demand is so high. The best part about it, Tide Pride could care less as long as they sell out every year. I have emailed them and Mal Moore more than once when I was disgusted about rivals sitting in Tide Pride sections around me. The response I got from one of the partys was less than caring.

I know how you feel Delta, but we've all been on the other side of things where we were glad that rival fans in another stadium sold their tickets to us. If Bama would have controlled the game and stomped the crap out of UGA, do you suppose those Georgia fans would have been a lot less irritating? Probably.

I'm hoping the day comes again where rival fans don't want to come into our house and watch their team get pummelled. Until then, I'm afraid it comes with the territory.

Yeah, I know one Bama fan who would buy those tickets. :cry:

Well, for the right price anyway...no way I am shelling out more than a Franklin for one ticket. :oops:

Good points by all. I guess it's just part of football life. :? It's sad that money controls it all especially when we have hundreds/thousands of Alabama fans just itching to get a chance at those tickets.

It is not really bama fans selling Tide Pride tix. There are a couple of factors.

1. Corporations- they buy season ticket packages and give seats to their employees or big customers. These people could be fans of UA or the team they play that week.

2. Brokers - these are the companies that buy tickets in lots in order to sell on their websites to the highest bidder.

3. Ebayer - This new group is essentially a broker. they buy season tix from many colleges and sell them on ebay to the highest bidder.

So before getting hot about Tide Priders sellign their seats consider that.

Luckily my section I know everyone that sits around us, and we sell to each other (at face value) when we need more seats to bring family.

RollTideinGA said:
It is not really bama fans selling Tide Pride tix. There are a couple of factors.

If you don't think a lot of TP members are having their tickets bought up by rivals on ebay and stubhub then you are being a little naive. I HATE brokers as well, UA should stop selling to them (like A_T said), but there are too many so called "real BAMA fans" that indirectly do the same thing that the brokers are doing... and that is unfortunate.

RollTideinGA said:

1. Corporations- they buy season ticket packages and give seats to their employees or big customers. These people could be fans of UA or the team they play that week.

2. Brokers - these are the companies that buy tickets in lots in order to sell on their websites to the highest bidder.

3. Ebayer - This new group is essentially a broker. they buy season tix from many colleges and sell them on ebay to the highest bidder.

So before getting hot about Tide Priders sellign their seats consider that.

Luckily my section I know everyone that sits around us, and we sell to each other (at face value) when we need more seats to bring family.

Good points as well.

Yeah, I thought the same about the people on my row. We've sat together for years. That's one of the reasons I'm so ticked about it. I'm really not "friends" with them other than at football games, but I'll give them a hard time about it. Whether they know I'm serious or not I don't care.

We had the same conversation in our little section Saturday night. In the past two seasons, there have been different people in the three seats to my left at every game. Some are bama fans, some are rival fans. Of course the rival fans are grossly outnumbered in our little section since those three seats are basically the only ones that seem to get sold. That fact tends to keep them from being too obnoxious. Still I totally agree, if you aren't going to use the tickets yourself, get out of Tide Pride and let a true fan have the space. If you must sell them, sell them to Bama fans; they're plenty of them out there who are willing to buy them.

They should make Tide Pride tickets only accessible to Alabama fans. As in marking them and when they try to enter the section make sure they are wearing Bama apparel. Also have security checking the section to make sure it's a Pro-Bama crowd. :D

I guess by now you know why I can't come to the game. If it wasn't for Streyeder two years ago. I wouldn't have gone then. And I'm not going to pay more than face value either. No matter what.

Back
Top Bottom