| OT Tim. it was really great seeing you today.

TerryP

Staff
That was A LOT of fun. I almost feel like I should apologize for "me, being me." But. Nope. Ain't gonna happen. Did everyone have a laugh? Yeah. Just like you said...they set me up for things like that. Jade said 'you were a really nice guy" to be hanging around with me. I'm not sure how to process that yet. (Tell me that wasn't a BRICK HOUSE. I wish I could have introduced you to Laura...but the cops were there taking that red head to jail. Red head...makes is a little more funny.)

Amber was takin' to jail. I literally offered, more than once, to pay for her to get home. The cops were in the bar and I'm telling her, "let me pay for your Uber home." She didn't. I'm standing in the place begging her to let me pay for her to get home.

Again. Make it make sense.

She was no "delicate flower." That bitch will rip your dick off. I met her husband. Cuck.

So, better question. Did you like the burger?

The irony here is just crazy. Remember, Tim. When I met her she said she worked in correction at a prison. I called her incarcerated. I simply asked, "what did you do?"

I carried that joke for two or more hours, just to fuck with her.

And she ends up, in jail.

I'm still left here thinking about this whole day. I went inside and told Laura it was largely my fault. I bought all those shots. But.

But.

I also begged Amber to let me call her an Uber, or a Yellow or White cab. It didn't matter.

It's just fucking crazy. I LITERALLY BEGGED her to let me call her a ride. Pleaded. What more can you do?

On a different subject. When I say "rack," and I say "Jade." Did you see those? Great smile, great personality. No if's, and's, or but's. She is a winner. Great job behind the bar. When I was was in the bar business...that lady is making over five bills before happy hour. She might be now. I think my tab was $39 today...gave her $70. She was that good, right? She was THAT good...great atmosphere, great service, great smile, ... ya gotta pay people that do that. (The service I will get the next time I walk on that patio? Yeah. )

BUT, let's get back to the question.

How was the burger with the pimento cheese and bacon? That looked like every bit of a half of a pound.

The guy that you met on your right side that was wearing a "uniform", so to speak. With the white goatee. You remember the guy? Not "Kansas," the guy that was wearing what looked like a Boy Scout shirt.

We were talking about the tri-toon ...taking it out about two this morning for red drum. I have to grab a few hours of sleep (some might say getting sober) Bubba (no offense intended,) I'm bringing in some fish tomorrow morning. I told you before you left I needed to settle the pick 'em on the site for today...I'm in the "pick' 'em on bait" right now.

How do I weigh priorities here? Setteling the pick 'em...or figuring out what bait I'm using tomorrow morning. This is confusing.

You see how I spend money, mostly on females, but still. How do I figure this one out? c

I will bet you money I'll come home with a red drum, with sardine bait, that's over 2'. It might be a carp. Don't like those. Good fight, but don't like the meat.

A red drum fillet on a sesame seed bun with a Cajun tartar sauce. It's coming.

Gotta tell you folks about this one too.

I tell the bartender before Tim gets there that a soon as he walks in tell him he looks like a banker. I'm having a beer, smoking a dart, and thinking, "this might be fun."

He comes into the bar in a t-shirt and shorts. NOW, I'm overdressed. To Tim!

Imagine dressing down as casually as you can to have a beer at an outdoor patio bar...and then they guy that works for the DAMN government meets you, dressed more casually. How does that work? A

I'm wearing Crocks. A Bama shirt hoodie I pulled online. One of Casey's hats. Some kind of Armour All workout, dry fit, loose fitting, pants. Hey, I'm comfortable.

And this son of a bitch under dressed me. He was more comfortable than I was.

Ya see. This day, in a sense, was BULLSHIT!

Here's my point. Pay attention here.

Tim SHOULD have been wearing a Brioni shirt. Ya see, now we get into politics.

How does a guy that works for the government now wear Brioni? Shit, I would. But, and he said this, he went ...nope

Great seeing you, Terry. Folks, he does exist. The burger was very good.

Great to have a morning event and get the late checkout so I could dress for travel. There was no chance I was showing up in a suit again to one of your haunts - although this one was decidedly nicer. Jade was very nice, and the redhead's day was destined to end poorly. You're right, she was no "delicate" flower, it was "desert flower", when she had worked in corrections I went with the Raising Arizona references. Thought maybe that's how y'all met...

My talk this morning was at the Georgia Banker's Association's CEO Conference. Terry, I didn't mention it to you, but it was at Charleston Place. As my voice was pretty raspy from a little yelling I did Saturday, I started off by saying I wasn't a good speaker but I try to follow the rules of a good speaker: never apologize for being late, for have mice type on your presentation, that you have a cold, etc. Just power through. I told them I had to break this rule just once, and I noted my hoarseness wasn't from a cold, but from being in Tuscaloosa Saturday night. It was a nice Monday morning to address a bunch of dawgs. I'd already had a GaTech guy shake my hand and say good game on the way in.

I had to Google Brioni. I thought it was Italian for Kirklands...

Great to have a morning event and get the late checkout so I could dress for travel. There was no chance I was showing up in a suit again to one of your haunts - although this one was decidedly nicer. Jade was very nice, and the redhead's day was destined to end poorly. You're right, she was no "delicate" flower, it was "desert flower", when she had worked in corrections I went with the Raising Arizona references. Thought maybe that's how y'all met...
My haunts!

Folks, we've talked about this off and on through the last few years. It's nice sitting outside, on a patio, goofin' off even if it's almost 90 outside. I made the comment yesterday to Tim...it was about that temp yesterday and we were all comfortable. Well, except for the few interactions with the "desert flower."

I'm still a bit upset about that whole scene. It's not upset about how the whole thing ended. I'm upset about how I did my best to prevent it from happening...and she just wouldn't listen. As soon as the Sheriff's Dept. arrived, I was gone. It was an "oh shit, she's going to jail." If she would have just allowed me/us to get her a ride home. It was that simple.

I am still laughing a bit at "I've been in corrections" which I immediately took as "I've been incarcerated."

Here's another good one, folks. Tim said it and a few minutes later a UofSC fan sitting just down from us did as well. That "chick" accused me of being a "casual Bama fan." Tim, and the UofSC guy (can't remember his name) said the same thing.

There is no such thing as a casual Alabama fan.

LOL...I was called a 'bandwagon' fan. That's NEVER happened in my life.

r214-LGs-By-The-Creek-interior-2022-10-5.jpg

I'm still a bit upset about that whole scene. It's not upset about how the whole thing ended. I'm upset about how I did my best to prevent it from happening...and she just wouldn't listen. As soon as the Sheriff's Dept. arrived, I was gone. It was an "oh shit, she's going to jail." If she would have just allowed me/us to get her a ride home. It was that simple.
Yeah, I was long gone before any of that took place. She was drunk when I got there, worse when I left.

My haunts!
Oh. By the way @It Takes Eleven outside of Laura, I saw her right before I left, I didn't know any of those folks at the bar. I knew some faces because I'd seen them before. But, didn't know them. Sort of uncanny how my memory works that way...another day, another story.

Everyone knew who I was when I left. :devilish:

After you left I met an LSU couple. I'd asked Jade for another beer only to find out they had a bucket and she had to go inside to pull some: hot. I just wanted a cold beer. I look to my right, and see them with the bucket and LSU sleeves. I had to say something. So...well. It is just like that guy dressed for work and wearing that damn Clemson belt. I had to say something. (The funny thing there was watching his wife's reaction when I made the crack about the belt. She was giggling. I won't say I'm sorry...that was just funny.)

Come to find out their son graduated from LSU with a degree in mechanical engineering. What's he doing now? A priest. Imagine that conversation. "What did your son major in...what's he doing now?"

"Wait. what?"

Both he and his wife rode Harley's to the bar.

Now, put all of that together in your head. Weird.

Back
Top Bottom