| FTBL Tight ends are taking on a bigger role

Alabama head coach Nick Saban apologized to safety Rashad Johnson for chewing the player out on the sideline during last weekend’s game against Tennessee after Johnson was flagged for a personal foul for an out-of-bounds tackle on a kickoff return late in the first half. The 15-yard penalty helped Tennessee get a field goal before halftime of Alabama’s 41-17 victory.

“He didn’t believe it was a personal foul,” Johnson said. “He was sorry for the way it happened on the field and everything. He just let me know how he felt about it after seeing the play.”

Didnt DuBose and Shula say we were going to use the TE more? :lol: At least Applewhite is doing it instead of talking about it.

The TE and FB are the two most overlooked skill players on offense. Anyone remember former Bama OC Coach Smith? He mae Kevin Turner and LaMonde Russell household names in the Bama offense of the late 80's.

alabama mike said:
Didnt DuBose and Shula say we were going to use the TE more? :lol: At least Applewhite is doing it instead of talking about it.

The TE and FB are the two most overlooked skill players on offense. Anyone remember former Bama OC Coach Smith? He mae Kevin Turner and LaMonde Russell household names in the Bama offense of the late 80's.

Man, I remeber Kevin Turner! Played against him in HS. I think he played for Prattville. That dude was a beast!

About time someone realized that the tightend is an intergral part of any offense. I screamed at Shula's play calling for 4 years. I don't have the stats, but it seemed over the past 4 years everytime it was incorporated into our offense we either won or had some sucess moving the ball! I'm damn glad to see it!
Way to go Major! RTR!

Back
Top Bottom